The Other Side

Since my mum died last year I regularly get little signs she is still around. Last night I kept waking up and didn’t sleep very well, so I let my mind wander where it ended on memories of me with my mum when I was a kid and then how she supported me later in life as I got older, had kids etc.

We moved last September and my mum never got to see our new house. She would have loved the big garden because she was a keen gardener and only had a small courtyard in her bungalow. I went out there into the garden this morning to check on the runner beans Mrs Bread planted a couple of months ago, still remembering last nights thoughts. As I got to the top of the garden where the veggie patch is, I just happened to sigh and say quietly to myself that I wished my mum was here to see this.

As I finished, a feather fell right in front of my face, landing only inches from my shoes. I like to think its her, just letting me know she is still around.

Does anyone else have these little signs from beyond that keep popping up ? Or is it just me ?

2 Likes

Some of have already commented on a recent thread about this sort of thing, Bread.
Personally, yes, I do believe these things happen but often it’s us who either don’t recognise the signs, or refuse to accept and just dismiss them.

I was told many years ago that it takes a lot of their energy to come, and I think its so sad when we casually dismiss them after their efforts.

I am glad your loving Mum is still keeping an eye on you. :grinning:

2 Likes

Bread, A similar thing happened to me after my mother died.
I had taken Bereavement Leave from work to grieve. l was dreading going back to work as l knew if anyone spoke to me, l would break down and cry.

I entered the building and walked to my office and as l unlocked the office door, l glanced down and there was a tiny white feather on the carpet. I felt sure it was a sign to show me, my mother was there and it gave me strength…

Since then, l have occasionally come across other tiny white feathers here and l think it’s my mother and that it really is some sort of sign.

I know many will say that it’s a coincidence and they could be feathers from my hens but their feathers are different and they haven’t been anywhere near where l find them.

2 Likes

I have heard of people finding feathers - and think it is lovely. I hope you keep them. My loving and beautiful Aunt drifts in from time to time in/on the scent of Lilac.

1 Like

White feathers and robins are the sighns for me that i am being watched over and that all is well on the other side,very comforting.

2 Likes

We have a robin as well. I love watching them.

My mum died during the Covid lockdown, my dad a year before

We had to have a very simple funeral, because gatherings weren’t allowed.

So just five of us and the vicar, standing in the cemetery around the open grave with mum’s coffin on the grass by the side of it

All through the service there was a tortoiseshell butterfly dancing on the flowers on mum’s coffin

And I know it was dad come to meet her and take her home :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I find these little stories quite touching - almost making me teary! I haven’t had the type of relationships where I would look for such signs, but I have often heard my name being spoken when there is nobody else around and it’s quiet. It’s a gentle female voice and I always think it’s my grandmother.

2 Likes

Now if you found. Elephant dropping falling right in front of you that could mean something completely different

Bread, A robin flew into my house one morning, l thought of the old superstition that said, if a robin flew into your house, it meant it was bringing a message that someone had died. I didn’t know of anyone that was ill.
At around 5pm that day, my friend’s husband rang… Sheena, his wife and a very close friend of mine had died the previous day. It was such a shock as so unexpected.

@Artangel - Ah - Had not heard that superstition before - but it explains why someone I knew would never, ever, send a Christmas card with a Robin on it - and, if she received some, would not put them on display.

1 Like

Oooh, now thats interesting! One I haven’t heard…I must remember that :+1:

If Batman joined him, it might be a Penguin that was deceased. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Yes please - an orange chocolate flavoured one!

My BH is convinced her dead grandmother is her angel helping to guide her through life.I know she wouldn’t have approved of me so very much doubt it.