The decline of the Monarchy

ya ahead by a neck so far boot! muddy your comments re not enough coppers is erroneous ; the royal family needs them and pays for them how the govt spends the rest of the money is wisely or not …they could spend more on cops get it?

Your opinion only.

That ad cracks me up, I love how she hits the piano on her way out :043:

Chucking out time is it ……?

Yes, it is my opinion. I was not claiming it as a fact.
I thought this was a forum for expressing opinions.
If you look back at my original post, you will see I made a point of stating that it was “my belief”
This is part of what I wrote -
It is my belief that if we did not have a monarchy and the Government had control of the Crown Estates, those income-earning assets would have been sold off years ago (Thatcher and successive Governments have sold off every other publicly owned asset!) so we would not be reaping the benefit of the Crown Estates income now.”

1 Like

I can always see when you know you are losing you start getting personal which is definitely against our rules…out out out!!!

Go and boil up the Billy can old chap .

Ooops…

You have rather shot yourself in the foot there. Australia is not a republic, it has a monarch so it appears that having a monarchy doesn’t make a country interesting either. So the case is not closed at all.

https://www.ramint.gov.au/file/175/download?token=BTY20roO

There is no reason why It could not remain a commerciall enterprise as it is now.

1 Like

god would n’t want you as a defence lawyer - you close the cases too soon??

UK plans to sell off historic government buildings

FEBRUARY 4 2015

Plans to sell off a swath of historic government buildings to property developers mean civil servants will be moving from Whitehall — Britain’s seat of government for centuries — to London suburbs such as Croydon.

For the past 12 years, governments have tried to save money by moving departments wholesale to cheaper parts of the country. In a change of policy, civil servants will be expected to commute to sites in cheaper locations closer to London such as Hastings, Reading and Stratford; they will work remotely using iPads and laptops, and meetings will be held on Skype, said Francis Maude, the Cabinet Office minister, on Wednesday. “There will be some [staff] moves, but you should not expect to see large moves [any more],” he said.

In 2010, the government had 143 buildings in central London; that has fallen to 71 and under the latest plans will drop to 23 by 2020. Last year’s sale of the Old War Office signalled the new government approach; it will be turned into luxury flats and a hotel.

More than 4,000 public buildings and spaces in England are being sold off every year, with more than 7,000 others at risk over the next five years, a charity has said.

Grand buildings lost and saved

Lost: Liverpool Municipal Buildings

Lost: Ealing town hall, west London

Lost: Hornsey town hall, Haringey, north London

Lost: Haggerston Baths, Hackney, east London

Saved: The Carlile Institute, Meltham, near Huddersfield

Saved: Moseley Road Baths, Balsall Heath, Birmingham

Saved: Shotley Pier, Shotley Gate, Suffolk

Saved: Horton Chapel Project, Epsom, Surrey

Saved: Byrne Avenue Baths, Wirral, Merseyside

slightly more saved than lost - bodes well then?

correct me if I’m wrong?

1. the monarchy is stinking rich
  2. the monarchy live a sheltered lifestyle
    3.the monarchy live at a very high standard of living
  3. the monarchy can afford the best educations
  4. the monarchy get the chance to travel free
  5. the monarchy are waited on hand and foot
  6. the monarchy sometimes involve themselves in erroneous activities and behaviors
  7. the monarchy is good entertainment value
  8. the monarchy is probably living on borrowed time
  9. the monarchy and family upbringing skills still don’t get it right

numbers gone wrong automatically and can’t be corrected - an ominous sign for the royal family heh?

2 Likes

Well spotted. And interesting that it took an Aussie to note that - the Brits here seem to overlook this. Funny that.

Well we think of Australia as a sort of freer place than the U.K. not confined by archaic laws and traditions and correct me if I am wrong but there are plenty there who would like Australia to be a republic .

I certainly hope so.

Aussies certainly tell it as it is :slight_smile:

sky channel is considered by many many ozzies as a crap channel presenting bad everything…gooo choice mudflats!!

1 Like

They clearly haven’t seen your posts !

well I always try to aim mine a bit lower standard than yours but just seem impossible to do?