The Carnival is Over

My mom used to sing along to her songs,a lovely voice.
RIP judith.

How sad! She had a beautiful voice and it was always a pleasure to listen!

Lovely voice. Sadly missed.

She gave so much pleasure to so many. There is one particular song that to me is as good as any religious offering :point_down: I think its great and no matter faith what you are, this is always pertinent.

2 Likes

R.I.P. Judith - may angels fly you safely home.

RIP Judith.

I’ve been watching the seekers on yt , she had such a wonderful voice ,
Rip Judith…

1 Like

A true legend from our lifetime lost

I’ve always had a soft spot for Judith Durham and The Seekers.
Never saw them in concert but of course there’s plenty to watch on YouTube, not the same thing I know.

1 Like

God bless you Judith, here’s one of my favourites…

4 Likes

Very evocative…love it!

1 Like

I was never a big fan of the Seekers but she did have the voice of an angel. I was shocked to hear on the news that she had died.

She is to have a state funeral in Melbourne

1 Like

(7) The Seekers - I Am Australian: Special Farewell Performance (all 5 verses) - YouTube

1 Like

Used to sing this to my kids when they were in bed and meant to be going to sleep.
They still remember every word.
Bless you Judith for giving us that precious happiness

1 Like

I was an apprentice engineer at the time and we weren’t allowed a radio in the factory so I used to sing all the time and that song was part of my repertoire…
:sunglasses:
I can’t imagine what old George the gaffer, would think of all the smartphones nowadays Ruthio…
:009:

I’ll just add this to the mix…

3 Likes

I remember watching this on Top of the Pops Judd and they always showed a picture of a sheep…
Ewe

Details of her state memorial service have been announced.

• Judith Durham will be farewelled at Hamer Hall in Melbourne

• Tickets are free and are available through the Arts Centre website

• The service will be livestreamed for those who miss out on a seat

I know she wasn’t young and had a lung condition but it’s still a shock.Talented,modest and brave.She was prepared to give up all that success to be a jazz singer again with her husband.RIP Judith.A true pop star.

2 Likes

I’ll check my diary…