The Beatles: Get Back

I am over two thirds of the way through this doco on Disney+ with some terrific film of the Beatles rehearsing, originally for a TV special but ultimately for the LP and their performance on the roof of Apple studios. It all takes place in January 1969

It is long, there are three episodes each of about 2 hours (yes, really) I have found it really interesting with not just John, Paul, George and Ringo but their various wives Linda Eastman, Yoko etc as well as people like George Martin, Billy Preston and a cast of thousands.

Currently I about 20 minutes into episode three and have tended to watch it in half hour blocks (give or take)

If you like The Beatles then this is for you.

1 Like

Was I the only person to watch this documentary? surely not.

Have finished it now it ended with the concert/recording the Beatles made on the roof of their studio, I remember when it happened, though I didn’t hear it myself but I was working in London at the time.

I haven’t seen the doco but watched a movie the other week you may enjoy.
Without giving too much away, some sort of anomaly occurs and much of what we know of the modern world never ended up happening or existing…The Beatles for instance!
I won’t say more for fear of potentially spoiling it if you haven’t seen it already
It’s called Yesterday

Yep, seen that movie, good one too

1 Like

I watched it too Bruce …I loved the live gig on the roof at the end and all the people stood on the streets below looking up… what a surprise that must have been. They were really something then weren’t they…what a time it was!

1 Like