The Bane of my Life! - THE SWEDE

I made a lovely curry with sweet potato chunk, lentils & chickpeas.

Swede … pah …wishy washy, not proper nosh for a hard working vegan.

:lol: Fascinating isn’t it Baz?

As belonging to Irish stock, there has always only ever been one potato variety in my household, as it was when my Dad had a garden full of them…the great Desiree… a beautiful red potato with a yellowy cream potato when peeled. For new potatoes, it was always the Jersey Royal for years until the interfering EU stopped Jersey having the always used seaweed as fertilizer and the authentic taste disappeared forever. Now I buy only Charlotte or Lincoln new potatoes as they have a great flavour.

Hey - now we are out of eurofilth will Jersey Royals return to their proper flavour?

Very, it certainly beats many other threads about other subjects. I will definitely have to think about what threads to start in future!

Now, I wonder, how about a thread in favour of the humble Brussels sprout? :wink: :slight_smile:

Why Not?? typical when it is the top veggie that those taking Warfarin (Moi) should avoid as this little beauty is packed with Vitamin K. :mrgreen::mrgreen: Like Marmite, Sprouts you either love or hate. I happen to love them but boo, hoo, can’t have them. :confused:

ST, that is my fervent hope as well. It’s almost 25 years now since it was banned. I was still the idiot who waited for the first baby Jersey Royals to come onto the shelf and pay ridiculous money such as £3 for a tiny bag of them to accompany one meal just so I could get a taste of that beautiful earthy, unique Jersey Royal taste.

I thought at first it was my age and that I was perhaps losing my taste buds, but no, the EU had ruined that potato for ever. RATBAGS!