That dog again

A little update on that big, hairy dog.
It’s day six from the surgery. It is healing well. and he is very lively. We were told to keep him subdued, prevent him from running, jumping on things - fat chance…lol.

My dear wife walks him - I’m confined to barracks. He has to have his cone on for that but he tolerates it better now and will have it gone in a few more days.

Good to know that Max is improving! Give him a hug from me.

TY, ST. Hug given!

Thank you for the kind words here.
Good news from the vet today about the biopsy. The growth did display cancer but the surrounding tissue removed with it did not. In short, he is in the clear. A worry removed.

oh Bes, I’m really sorry, I had missed this thread and didn’t realise Max was poorly. I’m glad to know he is in the clear, you must be so relieved.

Hugs from me

Thank you kindly, LQ.
He really is a big, gentle, lovely and loving fellow. My personal stalker.

What wonderful news - I am so happy for all of you!

So pleased for you all…you were a brave little soldier Max :slight_smile:

Overwhelming response! Thank you all.
Don’t quite know what to say. So, a little tail if I may. Max is a very good dog.

One day we were going to be gone all day. Hospital, so Max had to stay home. We asked the neighbours across the way, the Lhasa Apso owners, to check on Max from time to time, let him out etc.

I asked them over to show where the food and treats were kept. I should not have mentioned t r e a t. Oh well. He had to behave. I gave him the look and he sat down, gave me the paws. Not a spoken command needed. He got his treat

:049::049::049:

A sad note…
We walk Ozzie for an elderly lady who lost her friend, Peter who walked Ozzie. So we walk Ozzie. Her next door neighbour has now lost her partner. She has no close relatives and with the lock down will have to cope with all the funeral arrangements on her own.

We will help where we can, of course. My dear wife has spoken to her by phone to offer that. She has a little dog. Mo. We will offer to walk her.

It is a barky little thing. Gentle giant Max doesn’t mind so I think they would stroll along just just fine. Ozzie…the jury is out.

Just another tail…

Max to the sound of silence

Hello my old friend
You came to bark at me again
But a vision softly was creeping in
Left its seeds while I was sleeping

You would stop barking once again
I know that was in vain

When you first came with us
You didn’t kick up a fuss

We didn’t think you had a voice
You didn’t make a single noise

Now I can’t sleep so late
You whack the bed and agitate.

You know the times to eat and walk
And where there is a cat to stalk.

Max the Max…………

That’s lovely Bes…you were so lucky to find each other :slight_smile:

How lovely, Besoeker, thank you!

Thank you for the kind comments. He really is a lovely, gentle fellow.This is him when he first met a neighbour’s cat.

http://i.imgur.com/6bxKR2p.jpg

It hissed. Max just stood there and looked a bit bemused.

I hope the cat was suitably impressed by Max’s good manners!

There are a few round bur both parties stay at a respectable distance from each other.
But there is a Chihuahua that always wants to have a go. Given the size difference, it makes the lady owner smile.

I was very ill. About 16 weeks and I still am. Such is life.
My friends have been absolutely brilliant and my lovely - what can I say…amazing.

And that dog!. I wondered a few times - just wondered. Not a bit of it.

Pets know when you are not well, Besoeker. My two furries have not left my side since my surgery last Friday. Nemo,in particular, has sat close to me with a reassuring paw on me. When he had to go for a loo break - Willow took over… They have been a bit more relaxed over the last couple of days - but still one of them is with me where ever I go.

Some people think cats are aloof and uncaring - trust me - they are not.

They are of course. What I failed to mentioned was the isolation I was in. (Not covids.) Of I could converse with others - but not with my dog of course. The obvious joy on his face when we got home…