Taxidermy (do it yourself)

ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. :face_vomiting:
The young taxidermist explained to Eamonn and wife Ruth Langsford, 61, that Nicki died when she was aged 16, saying: 'I had her since she was a kitten. It was one of our cats that had her so I’ve had her from day dot.

'I get so much comfort [from the stuffed animal]. I hated the fact of parting with the animal, burying them and never seeing them again.

Takes some guts to do it yourself, ok for her but for somebody unaware it was stuffed could be a nasty shock.

2 Likes

That is just macabre!

Well…I can understand why she would, but…no, that’s just a bit weird.

Chloe Lee, 25, sat with her dead pet cat named Nicki on the This Morning couch, on Wednesday, in a segment titled: ‘I stuffed my dead cat’.

While the presenter remained composed, viewers were left ‘traumatised’ as Chloe explained how she first got into the practice aged 14 using a ‘blunt knife’ on a dead squirrel.

I like it … :+1:

… but then, for whatever reason, stuffed animals seem to figure prominently in my childhood - I particularly remember my squirrel, Sammy, who looked just like this :slightly_smiling_face:

and followed me well into adulthood … :slightly_smiling_face:

Part of growing up is knowing when to let go and rely on memories and perhaps a memento or piccie to help jog one’s recall. Our puppy’s ashes are in a little box, and I sometimes pat it and have a moment reflection. Having the physical body seems a bit OTT to me.

Weirdly, whenever abroad on holiday, I tend to light a candle (or put a coin in a slot to light an electronic one which seems to be the trend nowadays) in memory of my old school friend who died in a motorbike accident on New Year’s night 1981/82. Don’t know why there’s an association anymore though.

Anyway, what’s she going to do when one of her parents or other family members peg out?
Have them embalmed and used as a coat rack??

When I was younger, I spent some time at an aunts house, and she had large glass domes filled with stuffed birds on branches. They horrified me, with their stiff outstretched wings, black shiny eyes, and wide open beaks.
I used to dust the glass with my eyes shut…couldn’t bear to look.

I can’t stand any form of taxidermy, it gives me the creeps.
My great uncle Walter went game hunting in Africa and had lots of poor creatures killed for pleasure in his farmhouse :icon_sad: and my stepmother used to wear a dead animal complete with head and feet around her neck, a fur stole Fur stole even as a child I thought wearing such a thing was revolting…

I just cannot stand taxidermy, especially stuffed fish in a tank. If it was left to me I’d burn the lot of it and pass a law banning it and it’s exponents from doing it. Hateful profession.

Cannot remember all the detail but remember throwing up over a posh ladies fox stole, was not best pleased , but it wasn’t deliberate just could not help it. At a wedding aged 5, she reminded me of Cruella De Vil . Hideous and it did give me nightmares for a while.

1 Like

@Cinderella …a well aimed shot Cinderella, I hope it rendered the poor dead thing useless…

Does anyone remember that poor cat on the programme ‘Thats Life’
The audience found it very funny I was sad for the cats owner…

If she gets comfort from her dead cat, then that’s fine by me.

We all handle death of a beloved animal differently.

It’s not something I would ever think of doing.