Superbowl Parade Shooting

Only in the USA…

Thank goodness Taylor Swift is safe in Australia

Its all Trumps fault after :grin:all :laughing:

1 Like

“During my four years nothing happened. And there was great pressure on me having to do with guns. We did nothing. We didn’t yield,” he said as he addressed the NRA’s Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg on Friday evening.

Casting himself as “the best friend gun owners have ever had in the White House,” Trump pledged to continue to protect gun owners’ rights, even as the country grapples with a crisis of gun violence and mass shootings that have left more than 3,000 dead since 2006.

Perhaps if more people carried guns the shooter could have been taken down before he did so much damage.

Unlikely!

Concealed and open carry without a licence is legal in Kansas apparently, so there were undoubtedly guns available in that crowd apart from the shooter.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ks-gun-laws/

2 Likes

deleted.

It doesn’t mean that they were all carrying a gun though Bruce.

I must point out though that I do not condone carrying a firearm or making them legal here, it’s just that, I think it would be too difficult in America to withdraw the right of gun ownership after it being written into the constitution and guns are too widespread to take out of circulation. And manufacturing and selling of guns is big business, after all, they supply many of the wars (including both sides) going on around the world these days.

According to the Kansas City Star there were hundreds of police at the parade (they are all armed) and after the shooting several people were detained. I think it is clear that there were a lot of guns available at the parade.

“Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves on Thursday said a dispute between several people led to the shooting. Several firearms have been recovered. Two juveniles and one adult have been detained.”

I like the headline:

Amid fury over KC shooting, Missouri Republicans move to quickly quash gun reform talk

I thought Kansas and Missouri were different states perhaps someone from Merica can explain the connection?

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article285499062.html

1 Like