SUe's Honda Civic estate

I bought it a couple of years back for Sue so she also has her own car. It was a new x/demo model so hardly been used. what happened is after a time the tyre pressure waning light came on and even checking the pressure after a short time it kept doing the same again. Took the car to Honda on the service and they said that was a common fault and no way of fixing it. DO WOT! cannot fix a common fault? rediculous. So it stayed left on and ignored.
This time Sue had a bit of a moan when it went in for latest service and different person different reply. Yes the car management system does allow a greater tolorance than the manufactures set one on this issue. This time no light no problem, seems to me the previous service guy/mamanger just could not be bothered to put it on a diagnostic and do a reset.
Me thinks because Honda now have a different address they have employed more skilled personal who actually know the mark

1 Like

A family member had similar problems with a brand new Mini, the warning of low tyre pressure kept appearing on the dashboard display. She took it back to the dealer who checked it and agreed it was happening so replaced a sensor to do with that. The problem still happened and in view of how serious it could be had the car for more than the usual day so they could asses it. The telephone call came to say the car was ready to collect. Off she went and on arrival was assured the problem had been fixed. Out of curiosity and being the owner of a brand new car with all the safety features there are, she asked what the problem was. Back came the answer “one of the tyres had a slow puncture”, accompanied by very embarrassed looks and red faces! :icon_redface:

That is exactly what this safety feature is for, to indicate a difference in the tyre pressures as set. I have the same on my car and it works if any tyre pressure is even just half-a-pound less than it should be. It’s a very useful feature I reckon. :grinning:

with Sue’s it was a management problem in the “magic box” in the car

That’s understandable, these days cars are more or less laptops on wheels! Gone are the days when an average person, with some knowledge about cars, can fix them! :frowning_face:

Don’t forget any light on the dash is an mot fail

Amazing how things have progressed isn’t it. One time, when the MoT test first came in, it was to ensure a vehicle was roadworthy and to get those that were literally falling apart off the roads. You may remember the ‘rust buckets’ that were on the roads in those days? The floors were often so rusted through you could almost put your feet through to the road and help to propel the car!

Like the modern cars, everything has become so technological and complicated. Goodness knows what it will be like when it’s ‘all electric’? :grinning:

But don’t forget a lot of safety systems are now integrated into cars blind spot detection, cross traffic alert, lane keep assist and pedestrian detection all designed to keep everyone safe

Yes, I know about these safety features. Also I know from experience how much they cost to put right when they either fail in some way or are damaged during ordinary driving. The cruise control camera on my VW Golf was damaged when a pheasant overlooked using the ‘Green Cross’ code and collided with the front of my car. To realign the camera if that was what it needed, nearly £500. Worse though was that if the camera itself needed replacing – £1,400! What on earth are repairs going to cost on electric vehicles? I’ve already read somewhere that emergency breakdown services cannot fix them as they are not yet trained to do this. :roll_eyes: :frowning_face:

And electric cars cannot be towed…it’s on the back of a recovery truck should you break down in an electric car

Yet another minus point, I think my VW Golf, a diesel, will have to be enough for me now. No way would I want an electric vehicle, far too many negatives at the moment I reckon. I have yet to see what insurance on one of these would cost, it will be more than on the conventional car as they are going to cost more to fix in the event of an accident! :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

her car had an MOT at the same time as a service and it passed ,even with the tyre pressure warning light on

Then you were lucky, it should’ve failed