Sudoku of the Month

Here it is with the grid

1 Like

Great stuff Spitty, I must admit that having got to the stage where it was a toss up between the 7 or 3 in the top row, I tried to work it from there but in the end I guessed…I guessed right…
Did you manage to do it d00d?

I drew out a grid in excel and just print screen with new numbers in. I’d rather print off a copy though for working them out. I’ve got another one but I haven’t manage to crack it yet…

Yep Foxy, all good Sudokus start with a 50/50, It’s the permutations that get tricky/

1 Like

On the hard ones that come to a dead end I usually fill in the empty squares in faint pencil with the only numbers that could possibly fit in that square. Most of the time there is one square that can only accept one number…But sometimes there isn’t. Out of all the sudoku’s I have done, there has only ever been one where I had to guess…And the one I posted was the one…
Well done to you and d00d… :+1:

It’s a bit like War Games, you have to dig in, and test all the possible combinations.

1 Like

Nah never got halfway there :frowning_face:

I may have done it given more time.

1 Like

If you stay in excel and auto sum all the columns, each one should add up to 45, 1+2+3 etc, it takes you eyes off the grid for a moment and gives you extra clues.

1 Like

Aww…That’s brilliant Spitty, it’s all down to logic I guess…
:sunglasses:

Another Sudoku that had me pulling my hair out…
I managed it in the end, but it took a few days on and off…

That is for tomorrow Foxy, but there is at least one other keen Sudokuist on here so, if they want to burn the midnight oil, fair play, the dead mans shift is pretty crap anyway :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thought this was proving to been easier than the other. I put in 19 numbers really quite quickly, now I’m stuck.

1 Like

2 Likes

well done spit, I’m not sure what you’re doing there but it works.

1 Like

Good job Spitty, perfect…
:+1:
I’m on with one now and I just don’t seem to be able to crack it…I’ve buggered it up, so I’ll have to print off an original copy and start again. I’ll post it as soon as I can do it…
:anguished:

Just a bit of graft, I’m famous for it.

1 Like

Well done Spitty and d00d, here’s another head banging sudoku…
Number 003

I do sudoku online - so I don’t have to print them out - and if I bugger it up, I can delete back to where I went wrong or I can restart it from the beginning.

https://sudoku.com/evil/

1 Like

Thanks Boot I’ll have a look…I get all mine out of the Doncaster Free Press (newspaper) but I only post the ones I struggle with.
:+1:

1 Like

This is one for tomorrow, I ain’t no champion :icon_wink:

1 Like

No problem Spitty. All those that I post weren’t done at one sitting… :017: