Strange message - help please

This is what I mean by bloatware unless you use them get rid of them O&O will list the programs and you choose which to remove.

You really should not be finding these PIP’s at all as they are usually installed, sometimes quite sneakily by software you are installing so best to get your software downloads from the authors sites and then making sure you untick the boxes offering other programs.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve looked through all those Windows Ground unnecessary programmes and I’m sure I’d be better off uninstalling at least some of them. Unfortunately, I can’t do that presumably unless I subscribe to Windows Ground - the list is obviously just to point out what to look for, and being able to simply use the ‘uninstall’ buttons would be easier.

I have run OO and clicked all of the recommended (green) items. I’ll look again later and think about some of the others.

As for the pups (or pips), I think they (there are not many) may come from the internet as I haven’t installed any software for a while.

I have never heard of that and on Googling all I could come up with was a website. and thishttps://www.file.net/process/ground.exe.htmlso any chance of some more info?

No I was referring to the link you supplied in your last post. It includes a list of bloatware which it recommends removing, and say that OO will list them.
When I ran OO, it didn’t list them as in the link you posted (for example the first one, Paint 3D), just a list of switches on or off.
Perhaps I’ve missed something.

Not at all I was assuming that Windows would reinstall the bloatware with your refresh. But if O&O is not listing it then that is fine and it has not been reinstalled.

1 Like