Stop Cashless Britain petition

NO, I did not say that and I did not mean that! - I have noticed you have a habit of rewriting and misrepresenting my posts!
I have noticed a tendency of some posters to re-write or misinterpret other folk’s posts to suit themselves, so I tend to take care in the words and phrases I use to express my opinions - I do not need anyone else to re-write my posts! - however you choose to interpret my words, I meant exactly what I typed - whatever words you choose to put in my mouth, old lad!! :rofl:

You say you don’t find GB News any more biased than other MSM programmes - but are they any less biased? I don’t think so.
You have already told us you don’t believe other biased MSM outlets, so why would you believe this particular biased outlet and swallow their output, hook, line and sinker? … Confirmation bias, maybe??? :wink:

Anyway, this is my last post on this side issue, as the System is reminding me we keep replying to each other’s posts - and our exchange is veering the thread away from the topic of the “Stop Cashless Britain Petition”

Just put your news of choice News on the box then, turn your back on it and do something else!!!

I trust GB News more than the others because they always have a good mix of guests who are all given time to explain their views. All political parties, different beliefs, ethnicities etc.

The other channels often just pick one guest or so called “expert” because they match their own views. So I do think GB News is more balanced.

1 Like

I’ve never watched GB News, but I understand it’s right-leaning, opinion orientated, not really of interest to me in my old age. I feel I have better things to do.

1 Like

:clap: Well said Rose…

How can you arrive at an opinion d00d if you have never watched GB News?
And what is this division between left and right? Can’t a news outlet be somewhere in the middle? Or if we don’t agree with something is it always ‘Right Facing’?
Sometimes we must explore all of the news outlets if we are to compare them and write a post offering our opinion, and I’ve had almost 73 years of the MSM, so I think that qualifies me to make an informed opinion…
And if you have better things to do (which I tend to agree with) why have you taken the time to comment about GB News?
:nerd_face:

Nice swerve Boot… :slightly_smiling_face:
But what about the ‘Fact Checkers’ ? Who were they, and where did they obtain their facts about GB News? Which particular facts did they dispute?
Are they like God, some anonymous being who cannot be questioned? Do they ‘Fact Check’ the BBC? Although with the BBC, it’s not what they say, more what they omit…
And how are we veering away from the topic when it was GB News who instigated the petition? Furthermore, it was Nigel Farage who brought this massive invasion of our privacy to light…
Truth is…The banks have obtained everyone’s wealth (has that been planned all along?) and they can use it against us if they don’t agree with our politics, religion, opinions and beliefs. Phasing cash out is just another step in the ladder of total control.

My view is no different to everybody else’s. GB News is right wing opinion. I don’t even know where to find it, what wavelength. I bet most people in the outside world have never bothered, but we all know what it is, common knowledge, it was discussed here on O50C before it was launched and been mentioned a hundred times since. Some people like news progs, some/most are not fussed. Opinion? generally I prefer folk with an open mind, the politically opinionated can get boring. I’m a five minutes of MSM per day kind of a bloke, take it all with a pinch of salt. Laugh & switch off.

haha foxy, one of those better things is to keep up with you and what’s going on here on O50C :crazy_face: People offering their opinion on GB News, thought I’d add a few seconds worth of boring non-opinion.

2 Likes

A mate of mine running a business went to his bank and asked for £20 in £ coins…Bank said we don’t do that any more.

Not all banks are doing this yet but its a start.

Fairy Snuff d00d, to be honest I do have a ‘cut off point’ when it comes to current affairs, even GB News, it gets a bit repetitive and I go to bed angry…But what can you do? It makes no difference in the long run, and it’ll continue long after I’ve curled up me toes…
I do look forward each day to coming on the forum though, there’s some good folks on here…Including you mate… :+1:

Love you too foxy.

Don’t let them get to you.

1 Like

You’re wrong then. They always try and balance up guests, like tonight there was a Conservative MP and an openly Leftie journalist and they really encourage viewers and listeners to participate.

It’s not all politics. There’s some very informative stuff, some hilariously funny stuff and I believe their campaign has around 200,000 signatures now to stop cashless Britain so many would disagree with you.

1 Like

Not to mention that Nigel Farage won News Broadcaster of the year…
Quote:-
GB News Breakfast overcame strong competition from establishment media to claim the Multichannel News Programme award at the 2023 Tric Awards. Eamonn Holmes, Isabel Webster, Stephen Dixon, Ellie Costello and Anne Diamond - along with their production team - celebrated as The People’s Channel scooped the top gong.27 Jun 2023

And:-
Who won news presenter of the year 2023?

Nigel Farage stunned the television industry as the GB News presenter was awarded Best News Presenter at the 2023 Tric Awards. In a room filled with executives and talent from establishment media institutions such as Sky News, ITV and BBC, Farage came out triumphant, much to their dismay.27 Jun 2023

Say no more. :laughing: :grin: :icon_wink:

Cashless society sparks outrage as Briton exposes how hidden cheap train tickets risk being missed (msn.com)

There are some very good reasons why we all should be concerned that our new prime minister is firmly behind a move towards full digital currency. Some of those reasons are quite sinister.

Fraud is a major concern and everyone has a story or knows someone who has been ripped off by digital scammers. If real money is taken away, then all our assets are open to attack. You cannot hide digital under the bed or in the tea urn.

Even more frightening is that as Rishi Sunak pursues plans for digital currency, making the money in our bank accounts could be open to political interference. In the summer 2021, Sunak proposed a central bank digital currency (CBDC), or “Britcoin” to come into play across the UK economy by 2025.

The danger here is that experts are already predicting that Britcoin could be an easy way to control society. Politicians would have the power to turn off your bank account and leave you unable to pay for food and housing. The state would be able to see everything you earn, buy and where you have been spending your credits. Protest, disagree with the state, go on strike and your finances could be stopped in a second.

It is something that could be linked to carbon credits in an attempt to control the carbon footprint of the individual. This would mean that digital currency could be used to control how much carbon we use in our lives. Buy too much petrol in a month and they could stop you booking a holiday. This isn’t a conspiracy theory; mechanisms are already in place for this to happen.

A cashless society would mean that money could be programmable. The Bank of England as the Britcoin issuer could say what you can and cannot spend your money on. If you are in receipt of benefits that could mean the digital currency you get could be programmed to only allow you to get food and pay bills and not buy beer down the pub. The Inland Revenue could automatically take your money when they liked to and not when you wanted to pay them.

If you believe this would never happen in a Western democracy, then I am sorry to say that it already has.

A financial system dominated by CBDCs and, by extension, China, could become an inevitable reality.

2 Likes

Just as long as we don’t starve with all this Crypto Stuff :icon_wink:

1 Like

After Grafting, left right and center, that would be ironic :grin:

I do not have any problem with paying for services in cash. Not by cheque or any other method where it will be taxed; those taxes go towards funding the Immigration Hotels + ancillary services here AND putting money in their collective pockets.
No, I do not have a problem paying cash to the right trader.

2 Likes

Getting rid of cash is just a matter of time in my opinion. Most young people either use card or their phone, and as the present mature generation passes on, so the next generation will just take the path of least resistance. It has always been so.

I bought two new pairs of glasses yesterday and they handed me the card machine. I said I wanted to pay by cash and the woman said of course I could but most people pay by card.

1 Like

Was that because you could :icon_wink: not see the Keypad?

2 Likes