Stephanie Beacham robbed by hammer-wielding burglar at London UK home

Stephanie Beacham was robbed by a hammer-wielding burglar during a break-in at her London home, a court heard on Friday.

The Dynasty actress, 75, was at her £750,000 home in Bayswater, West London, on September 25 last year when she was confronted by the alleged male intruder.

Her jewellery, keys, chequebook, purse and mobile phone were all stolen during the break-in, Southwark crown court heard.

David Wilson, 56, has been charged with aggravated burglary and robbery and is due to face trial later this year.

It is alleged he went into Ms Beacham’s home “as a trespasser” and had “a weapon of offence, namely a hammer”.

Prosecutor Gregor McKinley requested the court to list the case for trial as soon as possible, saying it involves “allegations against someone who is now an elderly victim”.

He added: “The Crown is pleased the case could come on in February, especially given the age and vulnerability of the victim.”

At a court hearing on December 21, Wilson pleaded not guilty to aggravated burglary and robbery as the case was set for a three-day trial starting on February 8. The actress is expected to be called as a witness in the case.

In a separate case, Wilson, of no fixed address, is accused of breaking into the home of a pensioner in Sheffield to steal a snooker competition medal, a step ladder and a mattress.

Blimey … poor Stephanie … :astonished:

More details of the confrontation will, of course, become available during the trial but, without doubt, it must have been a terrifying experience for a lovely lady who has always been one of my favourite actresses … :open_mouth:

1 Like

Scary, poor thing :slightly_frowning_face:

I missed the court case:

22 February

At Southwark Crown Court, “habitual career burglar” David Wilson, 57, pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary. He was jailed for 10 years and five months.

Prosecutor John Traversi told the court: “During the course of this incident, which was terrifying for Ms Beacham…she had real fears for her life.”

The court was told Wilson, originally from Glasgow, was armed with a “jemmy” - a two metre (7ft) bar with a claw at the end - which he raised in a striking motion before telling Ms Beacham: “Don’t look at me.”

Wlson has 64 previous convictions, including 34 for burglary or attempted burglary

Ms Beacham, who returned to Coronation Street as Martha Fraser last year, more than 12 years after last appearance on the ITV soap, described the raid as a “total violation of my privacy”.

Reading from her victim statement, Mr Traversi said: “She says what she had considered her very safe, cosy, cottage no longer feels safe.”

The court heard Ms Beacham has doubled her sleep medication, has nightmares and panic attacks and no longer walks her dog after dark.

Poor Stephanie … may Wilson rot in hell.