Some Brilliant News For The Men...Not So Good For The Women!

There has been a call for the term… ‘Man Flu’ to be dropped. It seems women suffer more with colds and flu than men.
Now l think that it was the mothers of these little soldier boys who pampered and coddled their little darling boys when they were ill.
It resulted in men growing up with the notion that if they got a cold… they were really, really ill and about to die, if they weren’t pampered back to good health.
Symptoms of a man with ‘man flu’ is, they take to their beds or stretch out on a comfy sofa and want to be ‘mummied’ until they are better.
They also suffer with, tightly grasping of the remote control, so much so, only a surgeon could remove it!

I wonder if any of the men will be happy about the loss of term ‘man flu’?
Unfortunate, for the ladies who can’t take to their beds when they have a cold but have to strive on regardless!

I always took it as a bit of fun anyway Arty. How much has it cost all those scientists to figure out those little pearls of wisdom…Should’ve asked my mum and saved some brass…God bless her…
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

If it’s in the Daily Mail it must be true.

2 Likes

Scieintists at their stupidest.
Every man i have known milk it,and women get on with it as they mostly have families to look after.
When my husband has a cold it is always the flu,he still manages to pop to his local ( thank god )

1 Like

well the men have had a lot of woes over the years [woeman] maybe they just wanted a bit of individual recognition?

1 Like

I thought I read a study a few years ago that said manflu is real because men have a lower pain threshold? ie. they really do suffer more.

1 Like

Most of these studies are instigated and financed by big Pharma, it’s just advertising using science to enhance the sales pitch. Science sells anything these days. Just follow the money and the reason for the study usually becomes clear.

1 Like