Snowdonia communities 'exploited', says Gwynedd council

Come off it these ‘ communities ‘ charge tourists through the nose and don’t offer much in return .
People who live in these areas want tourists for their money but they resent them .

It’s the same everywhere .
Everest has a ten year waiting list !
Can’t think of anything more boring than climbing a mountain in a queue like a supermarket .

It’s the same up Pen Y Fan - way too touristy! It’s still worth doing or taking people up who have not been there, but I much prefer my local walks - you can walk for hours and not see a soul, it’s bliss :049:

Snowdonia is always popular. Last time I was there about 4 years ago after they built the new visitor centre it was mobbed and you had to que to get up to the top from the visitor centre. A bit like Everest but on a much smaller scale. They want people there for tourism and local businesses and then complain when they do go, you cant really have it both ways.

who is exploitin who I wonder? there is a real need to increase tourism in Uk for the benefit of locals and the country in general we’ve been watching too much tourist money leave the country for places like spain etc for too long. but the brits are notorious for complaining sometimes - and they sometimes want it all ways