Sir Gavin Williamson?

Arise Sir Gavin !!
What do you think ??
Donkeyman! :sob::sob:

A knighthood for being absolutely useless as education secretary, sounds about right.
But this is not just a Tory thing Labour do exactly the same, rewarding ineptitude is pretty standard practice in British politics.

2 Likes

An absolute disgrace - the man is incompetent. The only award he should have got is the order of the boot.

6 Likes

When the good lady wife said to me this morning, “Private Pike has been knighted”. I thought she meant that silly sod from Dad’s Army! As I’m pretty useless like Gav, I might as well have a " Sir" too!

2 Likes

The UK prime minister sacked Williamson, 45, in a reshuffle last year after he was widely criticised for his handling of exams in 2020, when a statistical model was scrapped after results were downgraded for high achieving students who came from disadvantaged backgrounds.

He previously served as defence secretary but was sacked in 2019 following a security probe into the leaked minutes of a National Security Council meeting.

Williamson, a Conservative MP for South Staffordshire since 2010, was also closely involved in the leadership campaigns of Johnson and former PM Theresa May. He was given a CBE in 2016 for public and political service.

Williamson is widely feared in Johnson’s inner circle because of his time as chief whip, when he is said to have collected a “black book” of secrets. During this period, he kept a pet tarantula on his desk called Cronus that was used to intimidate Conservative MPs.

A knighthood to stay silent … :wink:

4 Likes

A bit of respect please, just call me Lady Ruthio…knighted for services to …why does that sound rude!!!

4 Likes

I couldn’t have put it better myself. The man was an utter embarrassment as education secretary.

2 Likes

@Omah , Thanks for the details Omah!?
I knew l could rely on you !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

Just proves that its not what you know but WHO you know🤬

Nowt like a really good servicing :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

I think in this case the opposite is true.

1 Like

Maybe he helped the Russians with organising the KYiv invasion and grant Schapps helped with the logistics and road maintenance down from blarus. That utter cock up is worthy of a knighthood as it’s saving loads of Ukraine lives.

1 Like

That’s a fair comment I should think.

In Gav’s case, it’s wot’s in his little black book that counts.

3 Likes

Just as in that of Cummings, if you believe that nasty arse wipe.

1 Like

There was a petition against Blair.
Where’s the one to protest against this inept twit?

This petition was rejected
Why was this petition rejected?
It’s about honours or appointments.

@Omah , What does that mean Omah?
That if it’s about honours or appointments then the right to petition
is suspended ?!?!
WTF!!
Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

Free speech anyone??

Asking the Government to Award or Remove Honours has never been part of the eligible criteria for Petitions to Parliament.

That’s why the Petition re Tony Blair’s knighthood was not done through that system - it was started using the Change . org petition website.

There has been a petition about Gavin Williamson raised here. It was raised months ago but there’s not many signatures on it

2 Likes

Has any of these petitions actually led to something been changed?