Single or married?

Widowed this year after 49yrs marriage.

6 Likes

Single means not married.
One could have had 5 husbands or wives and if they are no longer in a relationship with them, then they are then single.

Sorry to hear that Eliza… :rose:

1 Like

lordie lordie gosh and golly…5…laugh or cry… :zipper_mouth_face:

You don’t need to be religiously married.
But you need a registry office to get officially married.

Living with a chap (since 1981) and happy to be called single or in a relationship or whatever suits.

1 Like

Haven’t that either.

I know. Lol. Some people marry and divorce like it’s a sport :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It use to difficult in France to just live together before the new law came into force 1999…One owned all it seemed before that…complicated Napoleonism attitude…

1 Like

Single to me also means having never been married - and there’s a huge difference between having the experience of marriage but now divorced and never having that experience, so always single.

Single, divorced thank goodness. That is one mistake I will never, ever make again! :frowning_face: :grinning:

4 Likes

Possibly so. Sport it was not in my case. Married about sixteen years and the divorce was messy in the extreme. Frequent failures her at court and subsequent costs for me was just one of the frustrations. Volumes of paperwork, several reams it that needed several refuse bin full when I eventually ditched it.

Done and dusted. We have since married. It was a little while before my kids warmed to my dear wife. I think the early little baby, may daughter, was the thawing out of relationships. That was thirteen years ago now. The wee girls are comfortable with us and stay with is for a week or so from time to time. They love her Nanna.

Ah,

2 Likes

Not single, not married…
But ‘uncoupled’ :wink: :icon_lol:

1 Like

Married, after 30+ years, the Wife still does not understand me (on the Face of it), that is not a problem coz I know, no one else’s Wife would understand also. :grinning: :biking_man:

3 Likes

Single for me. I’ve been single, married, separated, and divorced more than once. Believe me, it’s not a sport you enjoy.
Divorced means you are single once again. For me, single is the way to go. I am very happy…and sane.

3 Likes

I wasn’t really serious. I’m mainly thinking of celebrities like Elizabeth Taylor who married something like 7 times

Many people frown on divorce. I’m not one of them. Someone I’m very close to was in a relationship where her husband kept a mistress while sleeping with her. She left him. Most of her family didn’t talk to her for years because of it. They are religious and don’t believe in divorce.

I personally have such respect for her. She has an excellent career, bought her own house and raised their children single handedly.

I’m in support of anyone divorcing their partner if there is abuse of any kind including infidelity.

4 Likes

i only divorced my first husband ( we had separated )because I had decided to re marry .

I’ve still got in my file of archives, a document giving me custody of my 2 children which I sometimes show them if I want the 50 year olds to do something! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Married, 33 years.

My twin Son has custody of his two Children, although One is now married, which I was told about afterwards via some photos of the Wedding he sent me!..
I have an ok relationship with my twin Son so was really shocked.
Then there was another really strange thing that occurred…
…Also my twin Sons Partner was there but treated like an alien. She was not permitted to go into the Wedding Service…
One day I might write a book on Dysfunctional Families in the 21st Century…but need some Title suggestions if it is to be a best seller…

You could write dozens of books, there are enough dysfunctional families nowadays. A small library would be required to house them though. Often there are young people who have really suffered by being in this type of family from childhood, through no fault of their own, just unfortunate circumstances.

There are though, those who have learned from their own negative personal experiences in childhood and vowed never to be like that themselves, which I reckon is brilliant! :grinning:

1 Like