Single or married?

I have been thinking on the subject. Being happily married for over 50 years apart from the obvious, it also gives support to each other and share whatever happens. To me those who never having been married may not finding a partner that easy. In my own family one of my sons is in this category so spends most of his time computer programming . Going on holiday by oneself is not my idea of a work break .

2 Likes

Have now been married 42 years and still going.

3 Likes

Neither…
I am a widow…
I am not single by choice, it was foisted upon me suddenly and unexpectedly several years ago…

1 Like

My wife and I were married in '62. She was 18 and I was 21, She had her 80th birthday last week. Our relationship is still as strong as ever. We obviously have our disagreements now and then but that’s all part of any long term relationships married or not. We just agree to disagree and move on.

2 Likes

Married at 18 , divorced at 30 , re married at 34 in 1989 and still very happy with my other half ,even tho im his full time carer hes my soul mate
Hes my little love :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Should a man have 2 wives? what about in bed with a wife on either side. When the man falls asleep the two wives can carry on chatting

Married twice. The first started change strange behaviour - and not in a very nice way. Bizarre is the best way I can explain it. It was difficult for me and for the kids. Then she decided to ask for a divorce. The divorce lawyer suggested that it was not sound grounds but by then I’d had enough. It was another six years before the ex completed it…!!

I have since remarried very happily 24 years.

Married to the same person for 47 years .

2 Likes

Married to the same person for 52 years

1 Like

I am married, we got wed 55 years ago in August.

Good question.
How about a woman having two husbands - this has inspired me!

1 Like

I’ve had two, but not at the same time :rofl:
The current incumbent is in the dog house at the moment, roll on number three :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

a young couples wedding night and anticipation was in the air. Quickly the young man got into bed and watched his new wife getting prepared to do the same
. First of al she removed her makeup - took off her false eyelashes- removed her wig- took out her false teeth and removed her padded bra to reveal her true body.
By this time the young man just could not believe the rigmarole he was watching. So in frustration he said to her “When you get to the bit I am interested in just throw it over”

I was married and divorced twice by 30 before realising the alternative is much better.

Helen
What works for some may not for others. I was lucky in having Sue deciding she wanted to be with me come what may. Others may never find someone compatible to live with so never get married.
Now women are less dependant on a man for support financial or otherwise, it is harder for a man to find a lady to get attached to.

1 Like

Considering what one can see so often these days I wonder if it’s even worth getting married. So many relationships break down. Far more than they did a couple of generations ago. Just because a couple get hitched in Church or a registry office the outcome is all too often the same. Let’s just part company and go our own way. Of course you never really know a person until you live together.

2 Likes

I sing to my Wife “Loving you is easy cause your beautiful” :blush:

1 Like

It really doesn’t bother me… I’m young free and single, if I met someone the discussion of wether or not to get married would surely follow, forget politics, the good old days etc it’s about being comfortable together as a couple… getting hitched or living in sin, the latter sounds a little more inspiring :slightly_smiling_face:

Single, married or in a relationship.
My cousin and her partner got married 2 years ago - they’ve been together 38 years!

I am married but can be single again on a casual basis…