"Shirking From Home"?

People have worked from home some days a week for years. Any organisation that allowed this would have had it covered by insurance.

Does work happen when your brain or your feet hurt?

@spitfire , Apparently the brain doesn’t feel pain Spitty,
because it doesn’t have nerves !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Mine did once, a long time ago, or, I thought it did. :sob: :bike:

1 Like

Hi

Annie, this is not aimed at you, it is just the system.

You can work perfectly well from home in my old job, as well as you could from the office.

My serious work was outside, it was encrypted, but did require you to be on site.

By meaning on site, that included hours in the shadows, often cold and wet, but no great shakes.

The real heroes, the day to day ones, are the frontline NHS Staff.

The gentle, quiet ones, who do not judge, who treat everyone the same.

They are much better people than me.

Of course there are jobs that people cannot do from home. But that doesn’t mean people working from home are lazier or less necessary than people who work outside or in frontline jobs. In most cases companies have ordered staff to work from home whether they like it or not. We need to complete a special circumstances assessment if we are to go into the office more than one day a week. Going into the office on that one day is like a holiday. I find the isolation the most difficult. Online chat isn’t the same. Working from home long term is oppressive if you are a sociable human.

I wonder in the post hoc analysis of this event, what the social side of thigs will show like, the divorce rate for example, and personal developmental rates?

I was useless working from home …too many distractions for.me like the ironing morning TV or pals calling for coffee…I wasn’t productive at all…no will power as far as home working was concerned.

I was great In the office though…I had a different head on there :slight_smile:

@ Spitty, Well the divorce rate should be down at the moment ?
Nobody seems to get married now ?
The women have kids by multi " partners" and then complain
about how hard it is being a single parent family !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

@AnnieS, Yeah, that’s all true Annie, but my boss in Warwick
would have had a hard job to order me to work from home?
The longest machine l had to repair for him was 8 metres long !
Part of the job entailed scraping the bed by hand after being
remachined ?
I doubt very much if you have heard of scraping ??
Our joke in the trade was that we were scraping a living !!:grin::grin:
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

I recall seeing something in one of the papers a few days back claiming that more mistakes are made when staff WFH.

I agree with that one. I’ve had to email over at least 5 lost invoice copies in the last month or so because they’re not getting passed on to the right department … and BACS authorisation to pay what they owe … is a nightmare.

There isn’t the facility to shout across a question to someone. I find it really annoying that we cannot show the screens of two separate people side by side on a web call.