Secret Santa …..good idea or not?

Thanks Annie, but please don’t be fooled. My job is far from fabulous. It is long days; stressful and constant meetings and travel and unfortunately, it doesn’t look as if it will get better next year.

My portfolio has just been extensively extended - so a lot more work.

But I am a single mum so, I need this job since I have no man to depend on by choice. There’s always a constant worry and pressure on me as I have bills to pay and importantly, things are so difficult here in Africa. The poverty levels have been exasperated since the pandemic, so I also indirectly support two other very vulnerable families by providing some meagre partial employment for one day a week to a housekeeper and a gardener. They depend on me too.

Sometimes I wonder if spending more than half my adult life studying and working (because my parents couldn’t afford to educate me) and not being a mum that was always present for my kids when they were younger is worth it.

I am in a hybrid work model now Annie, so I work from home and am isolated all day except when my son is home which isn’t often.

I must admit, I enjoy the hybrid way because I get a lot more done, can complete my household chores in my ‘travel time’ as I am not stuck in traffic.

But it’s all a trade off, so it is nice to join on the Forum to have a good natter, share music and complete quizzes and just de-stress. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am sorry your festive events have been postponed or cancelled. Are online parties permitted? We did that once during lockdown and sent out gift packs to the team. It worked well. :hugs:

1 Like

So, it was you who cursed me eh.
I just got saddled with another secret Santa for the last party of the festive season. I’m all Secret Santa’ed out! :weary:

Maree, I wish I could be more like you. Just say no - but I’m a pushover. I hate conflict and confrontation so I always say ok :pensive:

1 Like

Aw, you’re just a nice person, it’s cos you’re young yet, you’ll grow out of it! :rofl:

1 Like

The only growing I’m doing is sideways :crazy_face:

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t have a problem saying no in that context - thanks for the vid, I enjoyed that!