Sean Connery has died

Wow! Nobby Stiles & Sean Connery lost in the same month.

Our defences are down!

:shock:

Mention James Bond and I think of Sean Connery despite all the others who played the part.

RIP sean

And Bobby Ball too. :cry:

Best Bond ever!

Sad to see him go … he was the best James Bond.
A good innings though, at 90.

2020 is a bad year … Honor Blackman has died, so did Diana Rigg and so did Margaret Nolan, who had the distinction, in Goldfinger, of having a gold painted body.

I always thought that was Shirley Eaton … so I checked - Shirley did, in fact, play Jill Masterson and ended up as the gold-painted naked body on the bed, while Margaret was the gold-painted bikini-clad beauty in the opening credits … interesting … :smiley:

Confusing hey … to be remembered for your gold painted body whilst people confuse your actual name.

Guess it just shows what people look at most - bodies or names! :slight_smile:

I always think of him as Richard the Lionheart .

Numbers at it again, RIP Mr Connery.

Sad day. A very classy guy.

Me too although Roger Moore was a really good one too.

I was watching clips yesterday and while I knew he was a good looking bloke I didnt realise how handsome Sean really was, he was very sexy too swooningly sexy. :blush:

Roger Moore, Pierce brosnan and Daniel Craig all said that Sean Connery was the best bond…and I think I might have to change my opinion too, although I liked Moore I think Connery was the best…

Well, I knew that the (apparently) nude body on the bed was the well-known (and lovely) Shirley Eaton … :wink:

who had appeared in many “Carry On” (and similar) films and who I first ‘encountered’ in “The Saint”:

I was, at the time, far less interested in the unknown bikini-clad body:

although I have discovered Margaret Nolan appeared in an early episode of the saint and pursued a similar (but later) career path to that of Shirley.
:wink:

From 21 years ago

Yes, l knew it was Shirley Eaton too but that’s because l saw the film in the cinema when it came out.
I think the reason Morticia and maybe others who are a lot younger than us, can be forgiven for being confused to knowing it was Shirley Eaton.
It was before their time!