Scott & Bailey

I was looking for a substitute for Rizzoli & Isles, a police detective show based on two women who become friends but are so different. One is a police officer and the other is a medical forensic expert. I lost that show when I gave up HBO Max.

When I saw Scott & Bailey, that seemed like the perfect fit. Two women police detectives who are very different yet work together well. I watched the first episode in the series. It’s quite darkly dramatic. One of the women is having relationship issues that are overtaking the police work. The other is caught in the middle.

I’ll watch a bit more. Maybe it gets better.

I loved Scott and Bailey!
Followed those two for years!

2 Likes

Does it get less dark as it goes along?

Hi

I loved Scott & Bailey, it is set in and around Oldham and in particular Chadderton.

I was born there and so was Suranne Jones.

My Dad was the only one who moved across the Border to Yorkshire, the rest of the family are still in and around Chadderton and Middleton.

I recognise most of the locations it is filmed in, so great fun.

It is a trip back in time for me, things have not changed that much housing wise.

Chadderton has been the birthplace of many famous people, including Professor Brian Cox.

Scott and Bailey is a very accurate portrayal of Police Work and life up North.

It also reflects the changes in the UK.

It used to be very Catholic, but parts are now Muslim Dominated where they discourage non Muslims from going to.

Sorry too long ago can’t remember, only how much I enjoyed it!

1 Like

We loved Scott & Bailey. The series are next on our list for watching all over again. S&B is currently showing on ITV3 and is available on ITV Hub.

1 Like

It does get darker, so it had to end too soon IMO. I’m sure another episode could have been wrung out from the plot, but other’s must have thought otherwise :man_shrugging:

1 Like