Scotland - Nicola Sturgeon arrested in SNP finances inquiry

If a Scottish policeman used the English version of the arrest statement then I suspect that the arrest would be null and void.

Grrrr and as I said, it was the reason for arresting her and would have been the same reason whether in England or Scotland and whatever version was used. Quite easy to understand really.

1 Like

She was arrested because the SNP are as crooked as they come. It’s only a matter of time before wee nippy is behind bars.

I can’t wait.

But are the versions interchangeable for England and Scotland? … I think not. “Sounds like” will not do.

Oh for gawd sake they arrested her for exactly the same reason, it’s in case it goes to court, it’s just different ways of saying the same thing. The conversation would have been recorded so could be used in court and they had to tell her that.

Your expert legal opinion, is, of course, your own … :man_shrugging:

I honestly don’t care what you think. My knowledge comes from doing voluntary work for the probation service, where does yours come from?

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Oh Dear, you are sooooo funny.

Then, presumably, you’ll know that “the probation service” is also different in Scotland.

Whilst Scotland does not have a single probation agency, the country is divided into 32 local authority (local government) social work departments who provide statutory criminal justice services (referred to as Justice Social Work) on behalf of the Scottish government. Guided by legislation, policy and national standards, each authority is required to provide a range of services, which include statutory criminal justice social work reports to Scottish courts; provision of supervision for offenders subject to community sanctions and measures; throughcare support and supervision to prisoners; and provision of accredited interventions for particular types of offender. Local authorities are public organisations in Scotland. Private and voluntary sector organisations do provide services to offenders, but they do not have the same statutory obligations or legal duties as local authority social work departments.

Oh for gawd sake, ok what part are you saying has a different meaning?

I’m not saying anything has a different meaning - you’re saying “it’s just different ways of saying the same thing” - I have pointed out that the Scottish legal system, and its procedures, are different to those of England - interchangeability is not necessarily possible.

So you agree that they both have the same meaning which is the same as me saying:

it’s just different ways of saying the same thing

In other words you just like having an argument for the sake of it.

1 Like

No … I’m not a legal expert.

I no little about Scots politics.

but think the clip makes some good points especially the last couple of minutes.

(2) Neil Oliver: ‘Nicola Sturgeon is a NATIONAL DISGRACE to Scotland’ - YouTube

1 Like

Neil Oliver used to be very popular untill he came out as a staunch unionist, a hell of a lot of Scots now think of him as a total disgrace to Scotland.
Not only that, he hates Nicola Sturgeon and makes no secret of it, what the woman ever did to him to deserve such wrath, only he knows.

1 Like

How’s independent going ?

Going well is it ?

The left are always splitting hairs, they are clinging on to their own narrative for dear life.

Where did £600,000 of donations by her nationalist fanatics go ? … there are still no answers.

As for those ferry contracts …

I don’t know much about Scottish politics either but I always thought Nicola was a dedicated politician who loved her country and only wanted the best for Scotland …what a disappointment its all gone so wrong …such a mess

3 Likes

No Idea, I’ve not been paying much attention to anything other than recovering from my accident. :innocent:

1 Like

Doesn’t seem anyone else has either.

Speedy recovery Rox !