Scam - Redelivery Text From Post Office?

If you get a message, from the Post Office, asking you to arrange redelivery of a parcel, it could be this latest Scam.

They may ask you to “Book a new date” or, “returned to your local Branch”

The infamous "button "this time the “continue” button, taks you to a personal details page, name, address, phone number, etc.

Then they say you can pay a delivery charge (example £1.10) and enter your card number!

Some of them, apparently, have grammatical errors -“Missed a Delivery? not to worry”, or “Lets Start”.

Note that the “Post Office” never contact you about missed deliveries but, the “Royal Mail” does!

1 Like

Thanks. Useful information.

There are so many scams about these days we have to be very careful indeed.
If only all people had the mental strength to be honest.

I use the Australia Post app on my phone to keep track of my deliveries and redirect packages etc.

Undoubtedly your postal service has something similar if you use that there is no chance of being scammed.

Bruce,

It’s quite common, here, for amazon delivery cars to be followed around by other cars, driven by thieves who nick the parcels left on doorsteps.

That’s the way it’s going!

Luckily I don’t think Royal Mail are falling foul of that yet, but time will tell.

However, there doesn’t have to be a parcel involved at all in the mentioned scam.

The scammer just has to make you think there could be one!

This is what the scam looks like.

Dropping into lots of in boxes at the moment.

"Dear client,

We informs you that your shipment UK2669855698GB is still waiting
for your instructions.

It will be delivered as soon as the costs are paid.

Fees to be paid: £ 1.99"

Note the grammar!

1 Like

Reply with:

“I can informs you that I is not looking for no parcel and any further emails wills be charged as I knows where you are”

:joy:

Seriously though, it really is something that should be looked into and stopped as soon as possible because far too many of these things are flying about. Not everyone will notice bad grammar, and will pay up if they are actually expecting something. :frowning_face:

1 Like