Roy orbison

“People often ask me how I would like to be remembered and I answer that I would simply like to be remembered” Roy Orbison

A good forum thread to do just that.

For years I didn’t pay much attention to Roy as his songs were always sung by corny pub singers. Then I heard him with the Travelling Wilburys and thought again and really listened to him. Totally an Orbison fan now.

The Master shows the youngsters how it is done.

A nice quote, Toners - - and an excellent idea for threads. Thank you.

Love this Travelling Wilbury’s song - and nice to see Roy in a
more ‘relaxed’ mode enjoying the performance. Nice post - thanks
Toners.

Following on with the Wilbury’s theme -

A song of Roy’s I had not heard before - again expressing his deep
sense of ‘loneliness’ — hope you enjoy ::

Wow Likewise not heard this before. Sometimes Roy’s songs seem to hint at autobiographical times rather than ballads- this seems like one.

Apparently when the group got together and played - and when somebody messed up they said " We will bury that" it turned into Wilburys.

I’m on my iPhone so sorry I don’t know how to post the link but I was watching the The End of the Line by the Travelling Wilburys the other day…recorded after Roy’s death but they had his voice on the track and a rocking chair with his guitar rocking on it in the VT…I got quite emotional watching it

There you are Summer enjoy.

Orbison/Harrison and Petty all gone.
I liked all their music but given a choice I would have to say that Petty was my favourite out of them all.

Great posts LF - thank you – and Summer - I agree - a very emotional
song – as are so many of Roy’s - you feel the ‘pain’ of his life I think.

A long watch but a video of the Traveling Wilburys - one of the last things that Roy did and pretty much what he wanted in life.

Reading Roy’s biography - these guys-top of their game- idolized Roy.
Enjoy the music.

Yes the guys really loved him- well they they couldn’t believe how he could sing - the range and depth.

In Melbourne Roy did a gig with the Rolling Stones. They suggested that as a laugh each would sing their worst song. Roy sang Ooby Dooby. The Stones had a laugh and played their usual set. At the end of the series they presented Roy with a silver cigarette case " To Ooby Dooby from the Rolling Stones"

Well make up your own minds about that

Thank you Longfellow :slight_smile: