Rosie - £200 vet bill and needs an operation

Pauline - I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Pets do leave their paw prints all over our hearts. Remember the good times you shared. :hug::hug::hug:

The vet practice sent me a lovely card, also a tiny bottle with some of her hair in,…the words they wrote has helped me greatly.

Pauline, I can guess what that meant to you, because my vet did the same for me when I lost my beautiful Izzy suddenly in February this year.

I opened my card, but felt something else in the bottom of the envelope, and found the tiny bottle of her hair.
That, and her pawprints on the inside of the card, meant the world to me, so I do understand how you must have felt.

Thanks Mups,…so you have also been through it, I never knew you lost Izzy, how old was she?..I think , because it happened all so very quickly, I feel I’m still in shock, I didn’t realise what a huge impact it has had on me, chihuahuas are one of the most loving breed, she was so full of character and love, I know I will get over it, but at the moment I’m just moping around, my cleaning has taken a nose dive, I’ve been on here a lot,to take my mind off it…she certainly left a deep paw print in my heart,:slight_smile:

Apologies to those I forgot to thank for their kind words of sympathy about Rosie, so kind Of you all.x

It’s nice when the vets do little things like that.

Especially when I wasn’t expecting it, started the old waterworks again…I will never get another dog ,I can’t go through this again…

I dread the thought of it. That’s why I try to enjoy every minute with him while I can.

Pauline I had to say goodbye to my Polly Dog in February, and I still find myself unexpectedly in tears at times, but despite the heartache I wouldn’t not have had her in my life.

So sorry to hear that Maverick, I can relate to your pain, this little chihuahua certainly impacted my life, I wouldn’t have missed it for the world,she brought me so much happiness, you don’t realise it at the time ( well I didn’t) we were a real family, now that family member has gone, leaves a massive void, thank God I have my Jack, he misses her as well, keeps looking upstairs and in the cage for her ,they loved each other…it does help talking about it.:slight_smile:

I’m sure you do LD, he’s a real sweetie, how old is he now?

Rosie was 10 and a half, only a senior, chihuahua can live up to twenty yrs apparently.

:hug: Pauline :hug:

This is my Polly
[ATTACH]14337.vB[/ATTACH]

What a lovely dog, I bet you two were inseparable, thanks for sharing, Maverick, it’s not easy when you have a special bond between the two of you, but again as you say, we wouldn’t have missed it for the world…:hug:

Shouldn’t that be ‘them’ or do you not count Tirzah and Olivia any more, Dongles?

Iz was a few days before her 10th birthday, Pauline.
And like you said, it all happened so quickly, I too, was in shock.
She was out for a nice walk, and collapsed.
I did write about it at the time.

Oh dear,I’m sorry about Izzy,…, my losing Rosie has probably brought those memories back,… then I wrote about the card and locket of hair,…I hope it didn’t cause you to much pain, also Maverick who lost his dog ,…apologises also,… time is a healer I guess,… there is no escape from grief, we all have to go through it at some time ,part and parcel of life…

Pauline I just found this thread…I’m so sorry I know how much you loved little Rosie…big hugs to you x

Thank you,summer,x

Pauline just seen this I am so sorry xx

Just seen this,Muddy, thank you for your kind words,:-)x