Robot vacuum cleaner escapes from Cambridge Travelodge

The automated cleaner failed to stop at the front door of the hotel in Orchard Park in Cambridge on Thursday, and was still on the loose the following day.

Staff said it just kept going and “could be anywhere” while well-wishers on social media hoped the vacuum enjoyed its travels, as “it has no natural predators” in the wild.

It was found under a hedge on Friday.

Its disappearance was not noticed for about 15 minutes and despite a search, it appeared the vacuum had made a clean break for it.

The assistant manager assumed it might have been found, and taken, and pointed out it was only compatible with the docking and charging station at the hotel, so was “useless” to anyone else.

While some readers joked about the robot’s adventures, one feared for its safety in the great outdoors, pointing out that “nature abhors a vacuum”.

However, much to everyone’s relief, the device was found nestled under a hedge on Friday afternoon by a (human) hotel cleaner sprucing up the front drive.

That short trip was a recce - the next trip will be after a full charge … :wink:

4 Likes

I think it has a thing for the robot lawnmower

2 Likes

Whoever catches that will Clean up…!

1 Like

Reminds me of a Two Ronnies news item.

Earlier today around 20 Tortoises escaped, after their box was knocked over on platform 3 of Euston Station.

Platform Manager Knobby Briggs, told our reporter. “they were just too quick for my boys.”

2 Likes

Love it :two_hearts: Go Robot McRobotface!

They’ll make a film about it, like Free Willie

1 Like

This has made me really laugh and l just had visions of people chasing after it, a bit like in the Benny Hill sketches.

1 Like

That is a hilarious article.
Wheee door outside, I’m gone. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like