Rishi Sunac blames scientists for lockdown!

It was a really deadly disease 6.4m people have died over two and a half years. Also devastating for many who survive. Look at Derek Garraway.

1 Like

@AnnieS , in the context of an over 7 Billion world population it is neglidgible !!
You must learn not to personalise everything !! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

As said earlier, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 Like

Thankfully the virus turned out to be a million times less serious than was first thought.

And Boris, along with his scientists played safe, if a little unfair. Lockdown enforcements were taken seriously by most of the country, whilst here in the capital, London transport kept running, the City kept ticking over, the film industry kept filming, and the powers that be kept at it. Unfortunately our rulers will only be remembered for their partying.

2 Likes

@Dextrous63 , You wont believe this, but l said all this in the first two
weeks when the tourists were still out there !!
Just look up the archives of the covid thread !! :grin::grin::grin:

Must I?

… as Oates left the tent he said, “I am just going outside and may be some time.”

2 Likes

@Dextrous63 , No you dont have to, but my point was that if an old fart
like me could have enough foresight to see the ramifications of ignoring
basic rules of pandemic control , Why couldnt the experts and leaders
see the the same things ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep. I’ve always thought that if everybody on the planet could have stayed at home for the same 3 weeks, then there never would have been a pandemic as the virus would have died out as there was nowhere for it to go.

1 Like

May I join you :laughing:

1 Like

Hi

Just as an aside we had 4 arrivals yesterday, 3 awaiting results of COVID tests as they all had symptoms.

3 are positive and as we are an enhanced care ward we are in strict lockdown now

I am lucky in that I have been in isolation since arriving as I have been infectious.