RIP Dame Maggie Smith

It is with great sadness that I post the news that the fabulous, talented and much loved actress Dame Maggie Smith has passed away.

6 Likes

I have admired Maggie Smith most of my life - ever since I first saw her in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.
I have loved her in every film and TV Show I have seen her in.
She has played so many different types of parts, so brilliantly.
I’m so sorry to hear of her death. I will miss her.

3 Likes

A life well lived

3 Likes

Saw it on the News earlier, such a lovely lady she was well loved, and will be missed.

4 Likes

The world has lost a damn fine actress…RIP Maggie…

4 Likes

Sad this news.
RIP Maggie Smith.

2 Likes

Even sadder is the fact that the press keeps referring to her as " known for Downton Abbey and the Harry Potter films" when her body of work is so much bigger and greater than that.

8 Likes

Goodbye sweet, unforgettable Dame Maggie Smith, you were the best. I have loved all your films, your delightful interpretations are incomparable.
Thank you. :clap:

2 Likes

We went to the cinema to see ‘The Lady in the Van’ with Maggie Smith, and it was brilliant.
They just don’t make enough films like that. Although I’m not averse to a bit of sex and violence…
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

RIP Dame Maggie Smith,you were a credit to the acting profession.

4 Likes

I saw that film not long ago on Netflix. Loved it. Brilliant Maggie Smith as always.

3 Likes

A good story too Rose. I think it was based on a real life situation…

2 Likes

Very sad news :frowning:
RIP Maggie Smith. ( ‘The Lady in the Van’, ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’, ‘Harry Potter’ etc.)

2 Likes

Yes, very emotional, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was based on a true story. Unfortunately it is a very realistic situation :slightly_frowning_face:, it could happen.

2 Likes

Indeed, it was based on author Alan Bennett’s own experience, he wrote the short story about it. I have a CD of him reading it that I keep in the car.

2 Likes

A fine and talented old Yorkshireman Bruce…
:+1:

2 Likes