Review: I use Amazon quite a lot

I use Amazon quite a lot when they have their free Prime trial, and I take advantage of the other sections of Prime like movies and books etc. Proper binge! I like the site, it’s easy to use and I can find anything I need - something which I can’t do in the shops. I haven’t done a refund yet, so can’t comment on that, but the reviews section on products is second to none (and hilarious sometimes). Delivery is great, I haven’t had to chase anything up. I always cancel the free trial of Prime shortly before it’s due to end, because they just start taking your money without any warning (and it’s easy to forget)

Rating 70%

2 Likes

Am I allowed to ask any questions about Amazon on this topic?

1 Like

I certainly don’t mind, Pauline…I’m not sure if Azz has a different approach in mind, but I suppose anyone can ask or answer questions. Its all good information for future members isn’t it! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sure it’d be ok if it was related to the review… but if it’s not related to anything specific in the review you can always start a new thread :023:

2 Likes

I have also heard great reviews regarding this site, you can get almost anything on Amazon.

I only have one question to be honest, is it safe to sign up with them,I worry that my account will be hacked into, .

1 Like

I understand your concerns, but they are perfectly safe to use (in my opinion). Nobody can hack into your account without your password, just like any other site, and Amazon have robust systems in place to make everything secure. :smiley: They always email you after every transaction as well.

3 Likes

Brilliant!..thanks for that positive feedback, PK,:+1:

I’m about to join up, and spend,spend,spend, Amazon here I come,:joy:

Great review by the way!..:+1:

1 Like

Though I’d venture to say that there’s no perfect safety :wink:, Amazon seems to be quite professional and can afford the expenses spent on safety more than smaller businesses can do. After any log-in you’ll get a message that somebody has logged in so as to give you a chance to take action if it wasn’t you yourself.

1 Like

…and always ensure:

• A secure password that is not easy to guess for any of your internet accounts
  • Same with your email address (make sure it has a secure hard to guess password too)
  • Always pay with a credit card and not a debit card. Credit card companies are half liable for anything purchased with their cards, so you have much better protection

:023:

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the heads up, I’ve only got a debit card…:+1:

1 Like

If you can’t get a credit card, then you could ask your bank to set up an additional account for you and to give you a debit card on that. That way you need only transfer the amount you know you are going to spend into it, so if the card details ever did get stolen you would be at less risk.

I have several ‘bank accounts’ from the same bank (when logged in my bank lets you create additional ‘internet’ based accounts) and I can transfer money into them from my main account when I need to. Might be worth doing if you don’t want to use a debit card for your main account…

2 Likes

If you pay/subscribe to their films, then they probably already have your debit card details? :lol:

1 Like

If you can be bothered, it’s worth signing up for the credit card deal that’s sometimes offered, take advantage of whatever it is that gives you £10 Or whatever it is off your first purchase, then pay the card off, remove it from your payment method, cut it up and shove it in the bin, and forget all about it.

1 Like

I didn’t know that myself about the extra internet banking accounts! I might try that, what a great idea! :+1:

I just wrote a review on Artangels thread maybe it should be here?.. I’m sure someone will sort it

I once somehow got a Amazon Prime account whilst paying for some lightbulbs.
It was the devil get rid of ,finally after worrying myself skinny I managed to ditch it.

I thought it was best not to make another Amazon purchase.
Oh the lightbulbs much cheaper than B&Q arrived the following day.

I’ve knocked off 10% because of the Prime incident 90%