Rescuers stretcher 35kg Turkish dog from Ben Nevis in one of five calls over 14 hours

It speaks volumes about the (seemingly misguided) love/ devotion that the dog had to it’s owner that it continued to walk up there despite being in considerable discomfort.

2 Likes

Wow Mups they are stunning dogs…I do have a soft spot for German Shepherds.

1 Like

I did read, thank you.
And I still don’t see how ‘Low activity’ and ‘Extremely athletic’ can really go together? Weird combination.

Anyway, my reply remains the same in respect of they should have thought of his paws and got him some proper paw protection boots. Similar type fo thing to the seach dogs who have to walk and search through burning ashes after fires.

Let’s hope those thoughtless women have learned from this, and don’t put the dog through anything like this again, and that his paws heal soon.

1 Like

The Akbash is a “flock watcher”, not a hunter or a herder:

The Akbash is a natural guardian that even at a very young age will bond strongly with the livestock it is protecting. Some of the animals the Akbash Dog has guarded include sheep, goats, cattle, horses, poultry and exotic birds, deer, alpacas and llamas. Once bonded, these dogs will not hesitate to risk their own lives to protect their charges. The Akbash Dog has even been used by American ranchers to ward off bears and coyotes.

Irrelevant.
And how seeing him lick the goats proves he can’t go climbing is beyond me.

I could put up many photos of my German Shepherds with fluffy baby chicks, or baby goats, and licking 4 week old abandoned kittens etc, but it doesn’t change the fact he should have had boots on if he was going.

I’ve said all I want to say, so you carry on imparting your knowledge to others.

She (Maggie) shouldn’t have been going at all.

This is what makes me so terribly sad for this dog.

1 Like

Wearing heavy fur coats

3 Likes

:rage::zipper_mouth_face::rage::zipper_mouth_face::rage::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like