Reproducing a masterpiece

I agree extremely talented…what will you do with it Muddy will it be hung anywhere?..seems a shame if it isn’t.

1 Like

Someone else asked me that today I hate to say they are all on the floor propped against a wall. I rarely hang anything .

You need a gallery Muddy :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile:
I would like a studio instead my stuff clutters up the place .

1 Like

You could rent an empty shop for one day and night and do one of those posh events with wine and cheese nibbles and sell your art Muddy . But I expect you wouldnt want to part with them .

2 Likes

Why are you not famous? I’m in complete awe of your work

WOW

1 Like

How long have you been painting Muddy?

Have faffed about with drawing all my life but never really knew how to paint just shows it’s never too old to learn .
However anyone starting I would advise go straight to the old masters and ( try to ) learn their techniques.

1 Like

Started a new one today.
In my haste to get started I make my first mistake.
Plan your composition I drew this rather serious young man and forgot to allow for the hair !

5 Likes

Tried to do it in a day can’t .

4 Likes

Way better than anyone I’ve ever known could manage. Apart from one Art teacher, who was exceptionally talented imho.

Get a gallery Muddy and have a grand opening…we will all come :smile:

Do you think your son will hang the picture you painted of him in his house in Australia ?

1 Like

It’s propped up on a shelf I will have to do a better one :slight_smile:

I think I have done with this one .
It’s thought to be a self portrait of Velasquez himself as a young man.

5 Likes

Both brilliant, Muddy.

1 Like

Thank you Tiffs
Thought I would zap up another reproduction today but fed up with having to wait for the oil to dry so tried this stuff ( which I haven’t used for years ) that is suposed to quicken up the process.
So put it on the background and it instantly turned the paint into something resembling the stuff you put on the road . Now I remember why I haven’t used it !
So now I have black sticky up dried paint all over everywhere ( and it never comes off ) so I have to wait anyway .
Again it’s a Velasquez ( I am in love with Velasquez ‘s paintings at the moment ) This is a very famous painting of Pope Innocent

2 Likes

He doesn’t look very innocent - there is definitly a wicked gleam in those eyes! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I doubt he was innocent before becoming Pontiff he trained as a lawyer . He was also a active politician , added to that his widowed sister in law was always by his side a matter of great gossip at the time .He looks a shrewd old beggar.

1 Like

Don’t know how I’ve missed this thread till now! Muddy, you are one extremely talented lady. I am in awe. I love the one of Pope Innocent - you’ve really captured his character. * He looks as if he’s muttering under his breath at Valasquez - probably something like “would you bloodywell get on with it, I need to go and do some pontificating.”

( * Well, of course, I don’t really know what his character was, but you’ve definitely captured someone’s character :lol:)

Thank you Bethsheba . Yes it does look as if he is giving Velasquez a dirty look !
The story is that he wasn’t quite sure of the painters ability . So Velasquez zapped up a picture of his servant / slave . Juan de Pareja ( my first reproduction above ) and it’s a magnificent painting ! ( his not mine )
The Pope was duly convinced and sat for his portrait .
I have just started this but due to a disaster with the paint I now have to wait until it dries out before doing anymore .

1 Like