Relatives - with a sense of humour!

The cousin in Dublin, Dara, has been watching the news and heard we were short of food over here - so she has sent me a food parcel - and I cannot stop laughing about it! It contains the following:-

12 x packets of Tayto’s (Irish brand of crisps) 4x each of salted, cheese and onion, and salt and vinegar.

2 x packets of Kimberley’s - 1 x plain, 1 x chocolate. Kimberley’s are a bit like Jaffa cakes in as much as they are called biscuits but are more like cakes. 1 x packet jam mallows. Yummy!

16 x small bars of Cadbury’s chocolate 2 x each Dairy Milk, Tiffin, Whole Nut, Fruit & Nut, Golden Crisp, Turkish Delight, Mint Crisp and Caramel

1 x Tin of shortbread Shamrock biscuits.

and a face mask with a sparkling shamrock on!

Isn’t it grand to have whimsical relatives??

biscuits

chocolate

shamrock

mask

10 Likes

Oh I love that!
:grin:

2 Likes

So do I !

2 Likes

Er, can you tell her that I’m short of food too… :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh yum! You won’t starve, then :yum: Good laugh, too!

1 Like

Our local PO/sell-it-all shop often has Boland’s biscuits on the shelves and the owner told me its the Irish Jacobs and if the English Jacobs are low stock, the warehouse supplier substitutes Bolands, especially the lemon puffs. We adore the Kimberley’s :+1::hugs::grin:

1 Like

That’s good to know - I have never seen them over here before!

1 Like

What a thoughtful Cousin …… as long as you’re not on a diet! :grinning:

1 Like

Brilliant!! :grinning: :star_struck:

Now, you know you couldn’t possible eat all that. You hate stuff like that anyway. So my address is:…

2 Likes

That’s the kind of relative to have! What a treat!

2 Likes

Ditto. My only question is, “How did it get past all the customs checks?” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Shh - you are not supposed to ask questions like that on Fridays!

Oooooooooops. :rofl:

1 Like