Recipes Suitable for Diabetics, Celiacs, Arthritis & Weightloss

Can I have a Leg please Minx.

That’s a great approach. We diabetics sometimes miss out of fun due to restrictions. But there are some amazing recipes out there which will satisfy our taste buds. Just like the one I have tried few days back from the iahas site and it was amazingly tasty. I would like to share the recipe here.

Baked Okra

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 4 person

Ingredients
15 to 20 No’s medium-sized okra1 t coriander powder1 t cumin powder1/2 t red chilli powder1/2 t turmeric powder½ t dry mango powder (amchoor)Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)2 T ghee (preferably cow’s)2 T chickpea (garbanzo) flour

Method
Wash and pat dry the okra. Make sure it is completely dry. And slit in half without splitting completely. Mix all the spices and chickpea flour with salt and cover the okra in the spices Give it a nice toss and mix all the spices coriander, cumin, red chili, turmeric, raw mango powder, salt, and oil in a bowl. Cover the okra pieces with this spice mix. Add chickpea flour to it and give it a nice toss. Bake these okras at 200 C/400 F for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.

Serving suggestions
Serve it as a side dish with your Indian meal or as spicy okra fries.

Let me know if you like this one.

1 Like

I’ve never tried okra but will do. Thank you.
I do like most Indian food though.