Recipes Suitable for Diabetics, Celiacs, Arthritis & Weightloss

Sounds and looks wonderful - definitely on my ‘to try’ list!

2 Likes

Oh. Sorry, I missed all that Azz.
My husband would LOVE that diet so I’ll pass this info on to him . He lives off meat whereas if I could become vegetarian I probably would.

Many people are doing the Keto diet to lose weight and keep off the carbs for low blood sugar but it’s really hard on the kidneys and liver.

One type of diet that has worked exceptionally well is the Paleo Diet which eliminates grains and dairy but includes plenty of different meats, loads of vegetables. People with type 0 blood, usually do well with this type of diet as well as diabetics since it eliminates sugars, simple and complex carbs but including fruits, nuts, seeds, meat, fish ( link below summarized it well )

I’ll pass that info along to my husband. He might be very interested. :+1: It definitely would work for both celiacs and diabetics. Absolutely.
Good point. True.

1 Like

Awesome - glad to hear he might find it useful :023:

I have been the paleo diet for years and currently somewhere in between that and carnivore - carnivore is good, but just so boring! :lol:

1 Like

You sound very familiar with the basics on different types of diets. Cool.
I enjoy vegetables, fresh fruit & herbs far too much to do that type of diet so I would find it excessively boring to be honest.

I’m always very impressed in how quickly cravings go and weight immediately starts dropping off when eating this way. Not only that but there’s even better mental clarity. What always trips me up is that I’m a baker who loves baking for others and one bite of delicious cookie and my diets out the window. See how I get to blame others . :lol:

2 Likes

Bratti, your thread is just in time for the warmer weather on the way and the 2kgs of ‘padding’ I gained eating stodgy foods.

Please keep the recipes coming!

2 Likes

One pan Roasted Chicken with Vegetables

⁃	2 pounds red potatoes 
⁃	I large onion 
⁃	3 tbsp olive oil 
⁃	3 garlic cloves ( crushed )
⁃	1/2 tsp. salt optional 
⁃	1 tsp. dried rosemary 
⁃	3/4 crushed peppercorns or 1/2 tsp. pepper
⁃	1/2 tsp. paprika 
⁃	8 chicken thighs ( bone in , skin on )
⁃	2 cups baby spinach ( optional ) 
⁃	1 cup cut vegetables ( peppers, green beans,  broccoli, carrots or a mixture )

Preheat oven to 425 - 400 if conventional

In large bowl combine potatoes, onion, vegetables ( spinach optional ), salt, rosemary, pepper and paprika. Add oil and crushed garlic and paprika. Coat evenly.

Place chicken on a pre sprayed baking pan. Arrange potatoes and onions between the chicken thighs. With the remaining oil, use a bbq brush to coat the skin of the chicken and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.

In the last 10 minutes add the spinach on top.

This is an easy meal to make that is very tasty. Extra herbs and spices can be used if preferred. Basil / oregano etc )

3 Likes

I like the look of that One Tray Chicken Thighs Bratti, looks very tasty.

It was very tasty and easy to make.

I think I’ll try this for Sunday lunch instead of my usual roast when I have guests. (Pic attached - yours looks so much better) yum!

It’s going to last forever though so I’ll have to cut the portion in half for your recipe!

1 Like

That looks awesome Minx. Oh yummm.
What shall I bring and at what time

1 Like

I’d much rather be a guest at your table :hugs:

Cooking for one isn’t the best so I enjoy guests but it’s been a while since I’ve been able to entertain! Stupid pandemic!

1 Like

Ok. I’m cooking pork chop, stir fry veggies and mashed potatoes. Normally it would go with rice but I liked smashed potatoes with a bit of gravy.
I’m just ready to make it. Just got back from a boat ride. We stopped at a couple of islands to explore.

1 Like

Oh Bratti! You live the perfect life! Far away from the rat race. It’s so idyllic!

Enjoy your tasty lunch!

Thank you @Minx and your dinner is ready.
I hope you like it. Would you like red or white wine? There’s my icon with the Do Not Disturb symbol again. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That looks awesome Bratti!

Enjoy MY dinner for me

:hugs:

A glass of wine :wine_glass:

1 Like

I have requested Az to have a look- I’m sure he’ll figure it out! Tech wizz!

1 Like

Thank you Minx.
Much appreciated. :pray:

1 Like

Can I have a Leg please Minx.

That’s a great approach. We diabetics sometimes miss out of fun due to restrictions. But there are some amazing recipes out there which will satisfy our taste buds. Just like the one I have tried few days back from the iahas site and it was amazingly tasty. I would like to share the recipe here.

Baked Okra

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 4 person

Ingredients
15 to 20 No’s medium-sized okra1 t coriander powder1 t cumin powder1/2 t red chilli powder1/2 t turmeric powder½ t dry mango powder (amchoor)Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)2 T ghee (preferably cow’s)2 T chickpea (garbanzo) flour

Method
Wash and pat dry the okra. Make sure it is completely dry. And slit in half without splitting completely. Mix all the spices and chickpea flour with salt and cover the okra in the spices Give it a nice toss and mix all the spices coriander, cumin, red chili, turmeric, raw mango powder, salt, and oil in a bowl. Cover the okra pieces with this spice mix. Add chickpea flour to it and give it a nice toss. Bake these okras at 200 C/400 F for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.

Serving suggestions
Serve it as a side dish with your Indian meal or as spicy okra fries.

Let me know if you like this one.

1 Like

I’ve never tried okra but will do. Thank you.
I do like most Indian food though.