Reasons to Turn Over

Likewise , I’d rather just watch an old horror film on DVD.
Defo no soap operas though!

1 Like

Football, cricket and if Alex Beresford comes on .

2 Likes

Adverts , eastenders , violence , loud shouting people , Jeremy Kyle, he’s loud and shouty, politics.

1 Like

Hi

Anything with the word celebrity in the title.

Anything with. Simon Cowell

Daytime American Comides.

Love Island

1 Like

No sport (except rugby
no reality shows
no soaps
no quiz shows

1 Like

Ricky girvase

3 Likes

News progs where the interviewee is at home shouting, and his/her face fills the whole screen.

4 Likes

Looks like you, a wee bit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

awayyago

1 Like

I reyt enjoyed the prog, I’d tune in again, the interviewee looks a bit grumpy tho innit…same time next week? haha

2 Likes

We don’t watch much but there’s a big dash for the remote when Friends appears.

2 Likes

Anything that includes Liz Truss.

I can’t bear any of the Soaps and cooking programmes.

These days, l don’t turn over… l switch off, growling!

2 Likes

Just occurred to me,…anything with Janet Street Porter or Eddy Izzard in it.

1 Like

Yeah but sometimes they get a bit over enthusiastic in that 15 seconds of fame, showing off their new teeth, their new nose hair trim etc. … enough to make you turn over tho innit.

1 Like

Sport.
Programmes like Big Brother.
Soaps.
Politics.
Cookery.
Quizzes.
Shopping Channels.

1 Like

Got another one…

Telethons

Reasons to turnover?

If your wife pokes you in the back and tells you you’re snoring …… :rofl:

There’s lots of TV genres I wouldn’t usually watch, such as Sport and most “Reality” or “Celebrity” type challenge / game shows but I rarely see them just come on to the screen because I usually only put the TV on to watch a specific programme I know is going to be broadcast or to look at the TV Guide Lists to choose a programme I’d like to watch.
I’d only abandon the programme I’d chosen and turn it off if the programme turned out not to be as good as I hoped it would be and it wasn’t holding my interest - or if it turned out to contain lots of unnecessary bad language or too many graphically filmed scenes of violence.

1 Like

Know what you mean Boot, we are the same except for the News we set the programmes we want watch on record for the week. This is a job we do on a Friday evening together, go through the TV Paper for the week and set everything up, then we can watch when we want.

AND, Wizzing through the adverts is great. :grin:

1 Like

My free to air TV viwing is very limited, for years have only watched one channel anyway - ABC HD. They can’t afford sports so that is no problem. Every evening I turn on the TV for the 7pm News, on Wednesday I watch Hard Quiz and/or Mad as Hell and on Mondays I view Media Watch. That’s it, never change channels and nothing makes me turn off the TV except the end of a program.

Even before advertising on the commercial stations became absurd I was never one to flick through channels, I used the TV guide to select what I watched or the TV was off.

If I watch a film or series it will be on Stan, Netflix, Prime or Disney+ (in actual fact I rarely watch the latter two).

1 Like