Read Full Stephen King Books Online

Thanks @Megalodon for looking it up but I’m afraid the article doesn’t address my concerns, partly because I’m in UK and the article is about US copyright law and partly because the author of the article contradicts himself several times - I’m afraid some of what he has written doesn’t make sense, so I would not take their opinion as authoritative fact.

1 Like

I apologize if I offended anyone by posting this thread. I’m not trying to get the forum into any trouble or anything like that.

I wouldn’t worry too much no one seems offended at all just a normal discussion (though to be honest I am surprised one of the usual suspects hasn’t leapt in quoting some obscure forum rule).

1 Like

I haven’t taken any offence, @Megalodon and I don’t wish to pour cold water on you kindly sharing the book links.
I was just asking the question because I’m not sure how things stand legally and I couldn’t find a definite official answer online. I wouldn’t want to unwittingly breach the copyright law and get into trouble and I’m sure you wouldn’t either.

I know I can “borrow” books online for free from the library which has already paid the copyright fees and I can download books for free which are out of copyright. I’m just not sure how to check whether other websites offering free books are doing it legally and have covered the issue of copyright fees.

1 Like

Mods you mean?