Range shoppers who queued through the night for '£2,000 gift bag' left furious

I’m not the least bit surprised. Inept shop workers coupled with greedy shoppers only lead to only one result …as described above :wink:

1 Like

The promotional offer of the first 200 customers & the £2000 were made in the same paper that is now reporting the problems. And if the Manchester Evening News is anything like my local newspaper, then a lack of accuracy & good reporting of the facts by the Manchester Evening News is a very likely the source for the unhappy customers.

2 Likes

To be fair, Gee…it does sound like that a shopper would get a £2,000 gift bag

"…To celebrate the opening of the store, the first 200 customers in the queue on Friday morning will receive a special gift bag crammed full of prizes worth more than £2,000…"

More fool them, I say.
I can’t think of anything I would be prepared to queue out all night for.
I liike me bed too much. :grinning:

4 Likes

Eh!..200 customers were going to receive goods worth £2000…heh heh…pull the other leg…it’s got bells on…You’d have to be doolally to fall for that one,
:grinning:

3 Likes

Oh me too, Mups…no idea how people can sit out all night for something they will likely chuck out in 6 months anyway!

Exactly, May…its The Range for goodness sake…hardly Amazon! (Even if Amazon were to open a shop, I doubt they would do such an “offer” and they could afford it :joy: )

Guess your typing that from your bed then… :laughing:

" Ryan Wright, 26, who was second in the queue, received Kayak and sail, while the third person in the queue, 34-year-old Tracey Kerr, received a stand-up paddle board.
by damn …just what I’ve always wanted (not)

1 Like

Some people received Mr Matey Bubble Bath - Mr Wright, and Ms Kerr should think themselves lucky! :joy:

I agree Baz :slightly_smiling_face: why do some people expect somthing for nothing

Ah but does it?

The Range has since explained that the ‘total value of prizes and gift cards given away to the first 200 customers was £2,000’.

Silly so and so’s expecting 2k of free goodies.
I’d be too embarrassed to own up to been such a twit that I queued all night .

1 Like

I was always told that if something seems too good to be true - it usually is!

2 Likes

Exactly. But even so…could anyone actually spend £2,000 in the Range?

Depends how desperate they were!

1 Like

I could try…in the arts & crafts bit, I suppose…but I still wouldn’t queue up all blinkin’ night for it, no way! :018:

But was the poor choice of wording the result of someone at The Range’s PR department or due to a lack of decent reporters at the Manchester Evening News? I know, where I live, our Evening News reporters get things badly wrong all the time.

I do know that often newspaper reports are nothing more than cut & paste exercises & when I acted as a news moderator on one website, I was told to read everything & spell check it before hitting publish. As if a company uses a switched on journalist, they often include intentional errors. Partly to make the story easier to google & partly to make journalists do more than cut & paste & show up those who do not.

That section in our ‘Range’ is rubbish now - there is nothing worth buying.

1 Like

I haven’t been to mine for about 4 months really. I bet its full of Christmas stuff by now. I went to The Works and that was bad enough :roll_eyes: No giveaways there either! :smiley:

I’m not quite that bad, I wrote that at lunchtime. :grinning:

1 Like
1 Like