Quality Of Life - At the End of Life - In Hospital

Wish I could offer more words of support Ted. I’ve never really had any of the experiences that other members have had, so it seemed appropriate to leave it to them.

1 Like

Thanks Maver-rik!

Appreciated.

It’s the only way to be … to help each other through it as well as help your DIL.
My sister and I did the same when we brought our mum home from hospital after her diagnosis of terminal cancer. She was given 3 to 6 months to live. We both nursed her with the help of a district nurse who came in every other day.

That was the worst moment of my entire life having to tell her she had 3 to 6 months left to live. Her husband, our stepfather wasn’t up to the task. She hadn’t a clue it was that serious. He was in bits.
Yet she was more stoic and philosophical about it than we were. At least, she put on an incredibly brave face, for our benefit. And so we wore our brave faces too for her.

I feel for you and your family … I really do. You have a very difficult time ahead of you but you get there, day by day, and it’s amazing the reserves of strength people find when they have to.
Every day is precious.
Get her home, if you can.
If you can’t … it sounds like your family will be there for her as much as they are able.

2 Likes

Thank You, Morticia, for your lovely post.

I smiled, when I read about your stepfather.

There were many of us, here, who didn’t know how to string together the words. to show how we felt.
Trying not to say the wrong things is not as easy as I thought.

Ted I am so sorry to hear about you DIL .My thoughts are with you and your family .

1 Like

Oh @Tedc, my heart is breaking for you and your family. Covid has brought about so many tragedies that are beyond Covid itself. Tragic enough at any time that you are losing her, but to know that she is so isolated because of the pandemic, and that the staff are so stretched they are unable to be as caring and ‘present’ as they once were, this must be going through you all like a knife.

I hope you find a way to bring her home before the end. I will hold you in my thoughts, all of you but particularly your dear daughter-in-law. Sending hugs and positive vibes to you all :two_hearts: :bouquet:

1 Like

Thank you Muddy.

XX

Thank you, Bathsheba!

Odd that we think we can cope with, just about anything, and then we realise we can’t.

It’s been good to talk, on here.

1 Like

Oh Ted, my heart really goes out to you, I do wish I could cuddle you right now as you must be so upset that this is happening and it must seem so unreal.

The only thing I know to do or say is I am so so sorry for this pain you and your family must be feeling.

I will keep you all in my prayers and I do hope she can come home and be spending her last hours with the people who love her most in the world. Oh Ted, how desperately sad to read of your families hurt and pain.

xxxxxx

1 Like

Thank you LQ.

Every now and then, I think we get a reminder that we have to get ready for these things.

But we’re still taken by surprise when it hits.

It’s been good to watch the family.

They’ve had their spats, but they’ve been spot on, together, for this.

2 Likes

@Tedc my heart goes out to you and your family at this time.
I have not been through anything like you are going through at the moment. Words seem so inadequate.
Hope that you find some way to get your DIL home.
Think I have dust in my eyes reading this thread.

1 Like

Ted I have since Mom died come to realise passing and the preparation (if you are given the time) is an important part of life’ my Dad passed suddenly and the shock left us reeling. But with Mom our family life became part of the bedroom the grandchildren/family came and lay sat on the bed with her the district nurses and out GP were wonderful and she was intent on giving them home knitted fingerless “spare” gloves as winter was coming she loved knitting until she lost her sight. The thing is death is part of life and laughter is an excellent medicine. I wonder if your DIL already has a plan in her mind bet she has. Its such a shock to the system regardless of a sudden passing or not.

1 Like

I don’t know, if she has a plan, yet.

Hopefully we’ll get her home, this week, and my Son will be able to work something out.

1 Like

TedC it’s totally devastating to read this thread. My heart goes out to your entire family. I’m so sorry.

:pray:

1 Like

Very,very sad, Tedc.
I don’t know quite what to say. I just it were it were different.

1 Like

Thank You, Minx!

Appreciate your concern.

Thank You, Swim!

Thank You, Besoeker!

We had the expected bad news, this morning.

I shall be mostly out of touch for a while.

Thank for all posts.

1 Like

Ted, I am so sorry for you and all your family. My sincere condolences. xx