Putin Assembles Troops on the Ukrainian Border

No I think the opposite which is why I think it will be b) or some sort of justified backtracking where the blame is on the West etc.

@AnnieS , l think you are correct Annie, NATO has just’ U’ turned
and said it now sees no evidence of an impending Russian
invasion ? This after all they said previously ??
So it seems everyone has drawn back a little bit except for the
Americans ?
Does that mean that NATO is at odds with America ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

So why would Putin place 100,000 troops on the the border of Ukraine? For fun? I think he means business!
l suppose, the hike in gas prices will help finance his war and in a way, if he does go into battle, we will be sort of funding it.

As for that dope in charge of America, what chance do we have?

1 Like

I hope I am right DM, seems to have turned into a storm in a samovar.

1 Like

He does this all the time. It’s like the Grand old Duke of York. (not to be confused with the current one!)

1 Like

He could’ve chosen better weather! The poor troops will all probably freeze to death in the snow first!

They were saying Russia would only attack when the weather became freezing, something to do with the tanks being able to drive better on hard ground. Makes me think of those british rail old fashioned train excuses about leaves on the line etc.

1 Like

Good point. He surely can’t be worried about NATO invading his country and certainly not Ukraine alone as they wouldn’t stand a chance.

As for doolally Biden, God knows what he’s likely to do. I just hope that the Yanks have some sort of failsafe in the case of a president going off the rails. Giving one man ultimate power could cause terrible damage. It would be best if he just went back to sleep for the rest of his tenure.

1 Like

A German admiral has pointed out that his country needs to remain on friendly terms with Russia as they are an important ally in containing any threats from China:

Germany Admiral deals brutal blow to Ukraine defence ‘Need Russia!’ | World | News | Express.co.uk

Actually, I can appreciate his point. What none of us wants is a grand alliance between Russia and China. Keeping the three great world powers separate is probably the safest position for us all.

He then had to step down as the head of the German Navy because of what he’d said.

One of my American friends sent me this. It’s from The Gatestone Institute (an American, non-partisan, not-for-profit international policy council and think tank is dedicated to educating the public about what the mainstream media fails to report).

I consider that was unfair because he is quite correct. I suppose that politicians all over the world look after themselves in preference to anyone else!

As the country’s most high-ranking naval officer he should have known what to say in public in India representing Germany and what he may say as a regular in his local pub. He should also have demonstrated a sense of being able to control himself. If you watched the whole video, you’ll have noticed that he was clearly getting carried away by elaborating on the question unnecessarily to such an extent that he couldn’t even remember the question that had been put to him. This is not something you’d expect from somebody in his position. He obviously wanted to get something off his chest but it definitely was the wrong time and place.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like Biden!

1 Like

That would even be worse for Schoenbach is 24 years younger.

:rofl:

I could not find the more recent Ukraine thread, but want to highlight this topic because for Europe it’s important and it seems very much pushed to the backseat by other discussions.

Yesterday the Ukrainians destroyed a Russian warship reportedly using British weapons. The war to save Ukraine still rages nearly two years on. It’s a big deal. Let’s talk about it!

1 Like

The reports were that the missile was shot by Ukraine but British-made

1 Like

So it is now the 2 year anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Today Medvedev has said that they will not be happy until they have captured Kyiv and Odessa.

Russian troops may need to reach Ukraine’s capital Kyiv to achieve the goals of what Moscow calls a “special military operation,” former Russian president Dmitry Medvedev said on Thursday, quoted by Russian state news agency TASS.

He said Russians and Ukrainians are one nation and the Ukrainian government, which Moscow calls the “Kyiv regime,” “must fall.”