Priti Patel resigns as Home Secretary

I think I might invent a new title “multi-directional racism” on my travels I’ve seen it in all colors ; all creeds and all races - that garden of eden trick didn’t end up very well did it? - considerin if my geography serves me well it was the middle east - now east is east and west is west - must get that one out again may have some clues ??

well now there’s been re-shuffles and more possible is it not time for some clever whizkid to describe the direction and feel of the new govt ?

It’s not even the end of the beginning - Dim Truss is not PM yet … :wink:

In order to become the next PM, Ms Truss must be formally appointed by the Queen, a process which will take place at Balmoral on Tuesday.

The new Tory leader will then work through the evening to appoint her new team, and will have to act quickly to fill the top jobs due to the pressing issues facing the Government.

Ms Truss is understood to have already devised her Cabinet, but the ministers will need to accept their roles, ahead of the first Cabinet of her premiership on Wednesday morning.

1 Like

oeer isn’t this exciting - can’t even fit a breakie time in down under! - more coffee in here wench quick! britain on the move - was a rumblin I heard just then?

What are the advantages to resigning over being sacked? I’m guessing that there are financial ones in terms of settlement?