Pieces of orbiting space junk set for very close pass

:042:

It’s a wild guess but I “imagine” that NASA’s depiction of the distribution and movement of man-made objects orbiting Earth would not be considered “realistic” by anyone but the uninformed … :wink:

• AFAIK, “extrapolate” does not mean “multiply” … :102:

Erm, it’s not a photo - those stars aren’t “real” and aren’t “to scale”" - the image is a “depiction” assembled from infrared radiation data collected by the Hubble Space Telescope. The Pillars span about 5 light-years in length (that’s about 3.5 times the diameter of our solar system) … :lol:

You are right, it’s a wild guess and that you imagine NASA’s depiction is not ‘realistic’ :lol::lol::lol:

And posters on OFF Omah…
Very misleading, and I believe done on purpose Omah…:009:

Of course you believe … you have a very good imagination … :smiley:

Here’s a sub-space “depiction”:

Illustrating flights taken over two days in September 2013, this clip demonstrates the frequency of plane flights arriving at and departing from airports worldwide.

In case some OFF posters find the “depiction” misleading I should point out that “The scale is out of all proportion.”

:mrgreen:

[/B]

Thanks for the complement Omah (I think…:017:)

Mankind’s greatest achievements all started from imaginings…:cool:

Enjoyed the Air traffic clip Omah, I wonder what it must look like today? It certainly demonstrates why Europe and the USA has been hit the hardest by Covid…:surprised: