Perth is having a drought

There has been no rain at all this year. :sunny:

1 Like

Neither have we,amazing.There’ll be a shortage of crops and we’ll have to pay higher prices in the shops!

1 Like

…and yet

1 Like

So much rain over east. Sodden ground, swollen rivers, landslides, trees toppling over because of the looseness of the soil.

Same here. Lasting rain, floods, but because the soil is sodden there’s hardly any effect on groundwater levels and we might be in for the next drought in six months. It’s not just the climate that’s out of joint.

1 Like

Mostly light showers and some moderate winds here. Has been quite dark during the day. Rereading some C. S. Forester books so has added a background atmosphere. The ground has been quite hard about a foot down so water must still be soaking in after long periods of dryness. Water butts filling up nicely though.

My cousin tells me it is fairly rainy today - she lives there.

Ii seems to have rained, most days, here in Devon, for the last two months. Windy & not all that chilly either. I am totally sick of grey sky & dark day times, lights on most of the day, can’t see to the end of the road, sky is so dark,. I think I am suffering from SAD.