Persuasion on Netflix

Yes, I have seen the 1940 film.
It was probably a product of its time but not a very good representation of the original novel, in my opinion - neither the characters or the costumes.

I preferred the 1990s BBC adaptation, the one with Colin Firth & that lake sceneā€¦ :heart:

1 Like

Yes, that particular scene is one departure from the original story that I fully forgive the BBC for! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The Producers need to get a grip on reallity and when these books were written.
To busy cowdowing to the pathetic woke folk out there who live in cloud cuckoo land and clearly they need a history lesson.
Well i shan`t be watching the film or The Railway Children/New Darling Buds of May or any of the new period dramas.

Thereā€™s a new darling buds? I donā€™t think they could ever replicate David Jasonā€™s performance. Why do they keep remaking productions that already have a perfect version? Itā€™s like the Godfather - you cannot replace the original.

Last year with Bradley Walsh as Pop Larkin and Joanna Scanlon as Ma. It was called The Larkins. Series 2 is due to be shown later this year - not that Iā€™ll be watching it 'cos the 1st series wasnā€™t as good as the original Darling Buds with David Jason, et al.

1 Like

I remember being very confused by this, because The Larkins was a TV sitcom in the late 50s/early 60s, so I thought it was that which had been remade. Then they said it was a remake of The Darling Buds of May - so why the heck didnā€™t they just call it The Darling Buds of May? :102:

:102: Ask the producers or scriptwriters 'cos I know nuffink.

1 Like