Patricia Neal and Roald Dahl: To Olivia

Just saw the review (but not the movie yet) for To Olivia. Saw the title on my online library.

It’s a movie about the marriage between Patricia Neal and Roald Dahl. Their daughter’s name was Olivia. She died at 7 years old.

Who knew that Patricia Neal was married to Roald Dahl?

I’m considering watching the movie, but it seems a little sad. Anyone seen it?

1 Like

I had forgotten about this one! It was advertised some time ago, and I wrote it down as one to watch, but then it went out of my mind! So I’m going to watch it, thanks for reminding me!

1 Like

Wow! :icon_eek: You knew they were married? I was so shocked. From the little I know of both of them, they don’t seem to match at all. She’s so prim and proper. He’s so unconventional. Maybe I’m just thinking of their public personas.

OK, now it’s on my list too! Thanks!

1 Like

I love Roald Dahl’s stories, and his illustrations, also those of Quentin Blake (who was his friend as well as his fellow illustrator)

1 Like

I knew they were married they had four children but one died and one was brain damaged after his pram was hit by a taxi cab in America .
She herself had an stroke but recovered with the help of Ronald Dahl which lead to better ways to rehabilitate stroke victims .