Parmesan cheese

I get through more Hellmans Mayo than whots good for me. I heard that the sweet vinegar from a jar of gherkins is good for rinsing out the mayo bottle. It’s so good I add it to a new bottle

1 Like

Fresh grated parmesan is scrumptious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Parmigiano-Reggiano is the cheese of the Gods when it comes to Italian cuisine. I buy it from M&S who have it specially made in the Parma region of Italy just for themselves according to the packaging.

A close second is Pecorino (ewe’s milk cheese).

2 Likes

Well and truly Yorkshire now. :smiley:

1 Like

I always buy Parmigiano-Reggiano and grate it myself. Can’t abide the pre-grated muck you buy in plastic bags or those shaker dispensers. As well as putting it on pasta, I also mix it with Cheddar cheese when making cheese sauces - it gives it a nice deep flavour.

Some years ago, I had a block of it in the fridge, and the wife, thinking that it had gone off because it was rock hard, chucked it in the bin. All that money just to end up in the council tip.

1 Like

I’d have gone and fetched it back, it costs a fortune! A quick wash and it would be good to go! :+1:

I didn’t know she’d chucked until a few days later. :slight_smile:

I’d still have gone and fetched it. A week lying in the fresh air would have cured it further…added to the taste! :smiley:

Unless some bin man found it and took it home with him. Thieving swine. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I do too, Judd. My daughter commented that my cheese sauce is always so delicious, and asked me what my secret was. She obviously wasn’t paying attention when she was younger and still living at home!

I also grate nutmeg into cheese sauce most of the time, depending on what the sauce is to be used for - I wouldn’t add this if it was a fish dish, but for cauliflower cheese, lasagne etc, it’s perfect.

1 Like

I lurve cheese sauce. I could go vegetarian so long as I could pour cheese sauce over it all.

2 Likes

Me too d00d. I definitely could not go vegan!!

2 Likes

I cook a lot and any recipe that says Parmesan I swap for a cheese I do like. I just detest it.

I am not a fussy eater and will eat almost anything but not Parmesan. In fact now I can’t name anything else I refuse to eat. :rofl::rofl:

Looks good, d00d, will try and find some - I love cheese!

I can - Sprouts - yuk - spawn of the devil!

1 Like

Ha! Maybe sprouts are an acquired taste?
They’re certainly a bit of a ritual at Christmas, I’ve actually got to like them as long as they aren’t boiled till kingdom come.

2 Likes

They took me to their hearts - and educated me!

It doesn’t just apply to food either …

Pringles cartons are good for organising wayward ‘chargers’ …

pringles

Twiglets carton for the larger ones …

twiglets

and Biscuit tins for almost anything …

tins

It does meant I have to eat a lot of Pringles, Twiglets, and Biscuits but - Hey - someone has to !!

Roast them, they are so yummy!

1 Like

Been there - done that - still Yuk! :-1:

1 Like

I bet they are!
I’ll give that a go, I’m still going to have to cook a few to mush, it’s traditional.

Not having mushy sprouts would be like giving up on paper chains and an advent calendar. :wink: