Outcry as Australian police taser 95-year-old care home resident

That’s open to interpretation.
A young person, perhaps wielding a spiteful weapon with the intent of doing harm?

1 Like

It depends on your definition of child, I guess

And yes, those figures are going to include a lot of violent and dangerous young people, let’s not pretend policing is easy

But tasers can be extra dangerous to young people because of their lower body mass

1 Like

Perhaps…in the good old days if you took the piss out of the old bill you risked the prospect of a slapping :wink:

th-2987180206

1 Like

I’ve never been a fan of the good old days, oldies look back with rose tinted spectacles.

Lots of bullying and abuse, especially of the working class to keep them in their place and nowhere to turn to complain

And the police force a lot more complicated problems now than just a bit of lip, it’s a different world

3 Likes

A shocking situation, either way.

1 Like

Should folks with dicky tickers have a Taser exemption badge, given the liberal way they are being used.

1 Like

Some folks with underlying health conditions would have a better survival chance with a bash from a baton!

2 Likes

The working class would gather on the terraces, it was almost gladiatorial.

I’m neither condoning or celebrating those memories, no tasers involved :wink:

1 Like

On a more cheery note, let’s not entirely write off The Good Old Days.

2 Likes

When my dad was young, he worked in the London Palladium as a stage hand….I know the words to all those songs!

3 Likes

And The Dog Went Bow Wow Wow?
Blimey, I bet your dad could tell some stories!

2 Likes

Many years ago I thought about printing T Shirts with - Do not Taser - Heart Condition
Something needs to be done soon. More and more people are dying because of being tasered. Yes, a lot of them had other health issues but they were still living. Until the police showed up and tasered them.

Being an ex-miner i have no love of the police…but… they too go to work every day with the threat of violence hanging over them… it is my belief that they are quite well trained in most circumstances, but i doubt disarming an old knife weilding woman using a walking frame will be in their training manual, perhaps i might enter this method… ask a carer for a blanket off one of the many beds, two officers should lift the blanket spread out in mid air between them, the officers should then approach the knife holder and drape [drape not drop] the blanket around the assailant, rendering her incapable of damaging herself nor anyone else… please feel free to make this part of officer training, you never know it might save a life someday…

2 Likes

The 95 year old lady weighted in at around 6.5 stone .

2 Likes

Did he? I didn’t see that but, the same problem there, then :frowning:

I don’t think tasers come in different setting so using them on people with lower body mass is more dangerous than on an average size or large person

I can see they are useful for subduing violent or armed people without putting the police in danger

And it’s better than having armed police shooting culprits or using night sticks or truncheons

But like everything, it’s open to abuse and I wonder if sometimes it’s used as the easier, lazier option??

1 Like

I bought what is probably a taser guts off eBay they are remarkably effective and simple (owning a taser is illegal)

1 Like

Enjoy… come back Blue Peter!!!

51D5qtUUxmS

2 Likes

It looks like a nicely decorated brick.What was Valerie suggesting?

2 Likes

Pussycats trump tasers… blindingly obvious! :wink:

1 Like

I never watched Blue Peter,I thought it was too edukayshunal

1 Like