Outcry as Australian police taser 95-year-old care home resident

nurses have been known to use soft pillows for the same reason

2 Likes

policeman responsible has apparently been arrested on a murder charge? - am I correct - I thought he was protecting the public? well those in the home anyways?

2 Likes

Senior Constable Kristian White, 33, has been charged with recklessly causing grievous bodily harm, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and common assault.
They were protecting themselves. She was very slowly making her way towards them with the aid of a walking frame.

Maybe the zimmer frame should have been targeted, might have made the Lady drop the knife, bit like shooting an approaching villain in the leg.

Hi

Tazoring someone puts them on the ground.

For a frail 95 year old this is a very serious fall, often Fatal.

The Officer had a Baton, if so worried, he could have used that to disarm her at minimal risk.

Any competent officer would not have needed the baton.

A 95 year old on a Zimmer can only move very slowly, really very simply, move round the back and firmly grab the wrist, stopping any danger at all

A complete and utter disgrace.

1 Like

Did he have a baton? NSW Police have them in their car but rarely carry them, they are armed with an automatic pistol, a taser and pepper spray I have never seen one actually carry a baton unless they are riot control.

I don’t know if he did carry a baton at this incident.

1 Like

done it dozens of times NO not tasering - pillow around the offending knife and hand and walk her away gently saying something like “lets go shopping dear - or lets go to bed”:" anything to calm her?/

I think they do carry them. Retractable ones on the belts so no obvious to see.
Would he have used a baton on an elderly lady? I doubt it. His thinking might be that bones would be broken and he would need to be too close to her.
A police officer for 12 years seem to have had a brain fade, what was his partner doing?
Really shows that the police forget their training and revert to primal instinct. Even against the frail and elderly.

2 Likes

There is something seriously wrong with this police officer if he thought he could not disarm this lady without using a taser.
He really needs to be removed from the police force. No matter if he has an exemplary record.
This one decision killed an elderly citizen.
Clare did not deserve to die in such a violent manner.

2 Likes

well he is in big fffffff…trouble now that’s for sure - his career could be forever ended -the police just don’t like this publicity?

1 Like

They do not like this negative publicity and it is becoming more prevalent.
Many times incidents occur and the body cameras are turned off. What happens to the officers who fail to have body cameras on? We do not hear about that.

1 Like

sometimes the police can be just dumb and crazy and need severe disciplinary actions to be taken. This coppers career may be over??

The officer who Tasered Mrs Nowland has been charged with assault.
He is suspended from duty with pay while investigations continue.
First court appearance occurred today.

The court case of Senior Constable Kristian White who faces charges of recklessly causing grievous bodily harm, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and common assault opened today in Cooma.

1 Like

Amazing, I read the same article less than 5 minutes ago.
Saying, “Na, bugger it” would suggest he knew there was another way to disarm Clare but chose the more dangerous taser method.
Scurrilous.

The entire care home seems to full of useless plonkers .
A frail 95 year old with a walker ,6 stone wringing wet and they needed to call the police in ?

1 Like

Agreed. No one wants to take responsibility.
Really makes no sense. Simply throwing a towel/blanket over her would have incapacitated her.

The charges against the police officer who tasered the 95 year old have been upgraded to Manslaughter