Organic Slug & Snail Repellent

She keeps poultry and rescues foxes!

That’s very magnanimous of her! :mrgreen:

Thanks Pyxell. I haven’t tried the copper tape, but as you say, that would not help plants in the ground, only in pots.

I have quite a few Ladybirds this year, but I doubt they could ear the Weeval lavae as the little maggoty looking blighters are 2-3 inches under the soil normally, munching away the plant’s roots.

Failing that, perhaps I ought to send for some more Nematodes. I will think on that. Thanks again.

Yes. She had a few hens of her own, but a local animal rescue was desperate for homes for hens as they had just rescued 250! My friend took 12 of them.
She also has around 19 foxes (last count)!

I can smell 'em as I get out me car, they don’t half pong don’t they.

She also has about 12 cats too. Mad woman. :slight_smile:

Hmm… wonder if those collars would work more effectively by smearing a thin film of Vaseline over them so the slugs can’t get a grip?

It’s the cats that stink - damn things spraying everywhere.

Oh do stop griping you miserable old wotsit, Judsy.
She hasn’t got any un-neutered Toms. :smiley:

Anyway, there is no mistaking a fox smell, believe me. Stinks to high heaven it does . . . even worse than your socks. :lol:

My pleasure. Yes it’s often used in chicken feed for parasite control.

I tried that, there was an enormous snail on the patio which I picked up and threw over the fence last week, this morning there was a knock on the door, when I opened the door the snail was there …he said, ‘what did you do that for?’

:lol:

Hi

The chemicals are out and being used full blast.

I am not a Food Bank for slugs.

Judd :slight_smile: you can ‘frill’ the top the slugs can’t climb over that.

You can now buy slug collars but they are expensive when you can make your own and they don’t look great,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slug-Collar-Collars-x-18/dp/B0031KPCT0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=slug+collar&qid=1561620553&s=outdoors&sr=1-3

Ah, but you haven’t got several dogs poking about to consider, have you Swim.

Sometimes you men are more trouble than help! :wink:

[quote=“Meg, post: 1734130”]
Judd :slight_smile: you can ‘frill’ the top the slugs can’t climb over that.

You can now buy slug collars but they are expensive when you can make your own and they don’t look great,

I like your clever invention, Meg.
You could go into business making those. :smiley:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clever idea but I’m not bothered about slugs in my garden, I don’t have anything for them worth eating. :slight_smile:

Don’t you know that snails ‘home’?

You have to take them out of town if you don’t want them coming back into your garden! :mrgreen:

By the way, does anyone have a humane way of disposing of snails?
I used to collect them in a bucket, but then never knew what I was suppposed to do with them next.

Anyway, I must have collected dozens and dozens, but the garden is still full of them, so there doesn’t seem to be much point. :frowning:

I used to have a racing snail and took his shell off to make him go faster but it just made him sluggish.

Boom boom! :lol::lol::lol:

Pack it up you two twerps, you’re not flippin’ help at all.

http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/quarrel/m1331.gif

You can both come and help me on tonight’s Snail Patrol now. :smiley:

:lol::lol::lol: