Only the best will do

I have 4 nieces and they are all the same. They seem to want everything just perfect. perfect house, perfect kids, perfect holidays, perfect cars and perfect jobs. Nothing less will do.

My friend told me her daughter was getting married and she gave them a massive deposit on their first house. She said they were struggling to furnish it so I gave them quite a lot of kitchen equipment and offered them (free) all our recently removed worktops which were in immaculate condition and in a plain neutral colour. The daughter came and had a look and then I heard no more. When I saw her Mum she said she really wanted marble effect worktops!!

When we started out I took literally anything people offered me.

3 Likes

I wonder how long it will stay perfect once the babies arrive??!!

1 Like

Iā€™d say, have what you want as youā€™re a long time dead!
I see no point in stashing too much money away as we never know if the next day will be our last.

Susie, Let them make the most of their good times. After all, all that will go out the window when they are paying out money for the new baby and all it needs until it leaves home.

Ooh, l just thought of all that sick on the lovely suite and carpet!! Or on the shoulders of their designer clothes! :laughing:

1 Like

When I was born these were still around. I imagine a teen trying to even figure out what it is.

1 Like

The Thorn agi-wash?

1 Like

Those damn rollers always scared me. Get caught in thoseā€¦

Always tuck everything well in before mangling :wink:

1 Like

If you havenā€™t seen this it is a must. Makes me feel good and sad at the same time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a teen and if it wasnā€™t for the wording at the bottom of the photo, I wouldnā€™t know what it wasā€¦! :astonished:

1 Like

My Grandmother (God rest her soul) used one until the day she passed. Even though all 8 of her children begged her to let them get her a new one.

1 Like

I remember mum (or was it gran, canā€™t remember, no I think it was mum), had a green mangle. Nothing like that one Danny though.
Iā€™ve never forgotten how the white cotton sheets came out stiff and thin as a board after it had been through those rollers. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For 8 years I used an old washing machine with a wringer on the top ( high tech ā€¦ . It was electric ). The machine cost me second hand Ā£5 but the heater was broken . I used to boil pans and fill it .Iā€™d wash the whites first but as I pulled them out they came out tangled together be cause the flipping machine washed only clockwise . Eventually as the water cooled Iā€™d wash the colours. The wringer was a God send it squashed the nappies towels etc flat , then Iā€™d rinse them in the sink and wring again .
When I got my first real washing machine it was an automatic , I sat in front of it for a whole hour watching it washing rinsing and spinning . By this time Iā€™d been married 10 years

1 Like